A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Door Unlock problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Unlock problem

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my door unlocking. I have an Audi A4 B5 1995/1996 (i live in germany, cant understand their language yet so posting on English forums :-)).

Driver side door:
When i unlock using the key in the door, only that door opens. But when i get in and shut the door all the doors, gas flap and boot open up. When i lock it, again, using the key in the door, it locks all doors. A few days back it miraculosly let me open all the doors with the key from the driver side door and made me look good in front of this chick i was picking up :-), but now it doenot.

Passenger side door:
Locks/unlocks all the doors and boot and flap.

Remote Lock/unlock:
I have a key with just one button on it, i do not know what it is used for, Locking or unlocking. I changed the batteries but nothing worked. I asked the previous owner and he said he never used it, he always locked and unlocked the doors manually. Its so amazing how some ppl have no curiosity. I called a dealer and he said bring the car over and we will check it out (meaning: We will do nothing and will keep your car for a few days and then give you a 100€ bill), i don't wanna do that.

A little help and guidance will be hugely appreciated..

Regards
Suresh
Old 08-28-2012, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suresh_new
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my door unlocking. I have an Audi A4 B5 1995/1996 (i live in germany, cant understand their language yet so posting on English forums :-)).

Driver side door:
When i unlock using the key in the door, only that door opens. But when i get in and shut the door all the doors, gas flap and boot open up. When i lock it, again, using the key in the door, it locks all doors. A few days back it miraculosly let me open all the doors with the key from the driver side door and made me look good in front of this chick i was picking up :-), but now it doenot.

Passenger side door:
Locks/unlocks all the doors and boot and flap.

Remote Lock/unlock:
I have a key with just one button on it, i do not know what it is used for, Locking or unlocking. I changed the batteries but nothing worked. I asked the previous owner and he said he never used it, he always locked and unlocked the doors manually. Its so amazing how some ppl have no curiosity. I called a dealer and he said bring the car over and we will check it out (meaning: We will do nothing and will keep your car for a few days and then give you a 100€ bill), i don't wanna do that.

A little help and guidance will be hugely appreciated..

Regards
Suresh
The button on the key is for an led light it has nothing to do with remote locking. Key-less Remotes were only an option on the early A4, my 96 didn't have it.

Look for a keyless entry module under the rear seat, if you have one of these you could probably source remotes that would work with it. 95/96 models , they revamped the system in 97.
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try to unlock the driver's door by turning the key twice? You turn the key once, the driver's door opens. Unlock twice, all doors open.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks man,

Will check today...

Any idea about the one door unlock issue??
Old 08-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Did you try to unlock the driver's door by turning the key twice? You turn the key once, the driver's door opens. Unlock twice, all doors open.
Ya,

I did, many times actually, untill i was scared that the key would get lodged in the door :-)
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

bump°°^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ya,

I did, many times actually, untill i was scared that the key would get lodged in the door :-)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

bump
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

bump
Enough of that crap, please.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
Enough of that crap, please.
sorry for that... its really annoying to do that, i know, but its really depressing not to get a reply when there are so many experts on the site.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Did you search?
Have you used VAG-COM to test the functionality of the buttons and controls?
Is the control unit under water? Bad?

Quick Reply: Door Unlock problem