A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Dropped my car off at Don Rosen for 30K and Wet Braking fix.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 05:29 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped my car off at Don Rosen for 30K and Wet Braking fix.

He looked puzzled when I told him about the wet braking problem. I told him that I already contacted parts and had them order the plastic shields to fix the wet braking issue, and I asked him if he wanted the part #. The answer was "no" (???). The service order said "install shields for brakes". I'm gonna bet money they are going to install new pieces of tin behind the rotors instead of installing the plastic shields (despite the fact that the '00 cars already have the updated pieces of tin).

I also asked to see the spark plugs after they removed them. Surprisingly, the answer was "no" at first, because the old parts have to be exchanged for the new parts. I explained that I don't need to keep the plugs, I just want to SEE the old plugs! I don't understand why this has to be so difficult?

I guess I'll just wait and see what happens! Will post a follow-up for those interested in using Don Rosen for service.
Old 08-09-2001, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I like them better than YBH
Old 08-09-2001, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Did you speak w/Chuck?
Old 08-09-2001, 05:51 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Delbert...I usually talk to Amos, but not today.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not a big fan of Don Rosen.

I just don't like the 'snooty' auditude I got there the last couple of times.

I've been taking my car to Holberts in Warrington.

The techs there seem to be OK with people who want to do mods. Not that I have any, but it's nice to know when I do.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, Holbert's was very cool about the Bailey valve in my buddy's TT.
Old 08-09-2001, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Raj, a quick question . . .

are you having actual rotor shields installed or those wing-things that divert water from the rotor? I've got the latter but I need the instructions on where to install them. If you are having the wing-things installed, any chance that you could try and get a copy of the instructions? Much thanks.
Old 08-09-2001, 07:48 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I want the "wing things"...but I have a feeling they will install the metal shields

which I already have. If I can get instructions on the install, I will.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uhhhh, my issues with Rosen could fill a book.

Snooty attitude is one of them. Failures to even try to reproduce a problem is another. Their insistence on attaching those pleas for top customer satisfaction grades is almost comical, considering that they know what questions AoA asks and nevertheless do nothing to at least make sure that those questions can be truthfully answered by the customer in the way AoA expects.

I've been outright lied to, repeatedly, resulting in a $300+ rental bill. I've had repeated attempts to get them to address a problem met with total disinterest and scorn. The people I've dealt with struck me as disorganized, uninformed, and not very concerned about customer service and this thing we call "ethics". My experience has of course been focused on one particular service advisor (not Amos, at least he seems to care) but my overall pre and post sales experience with Rosen leads me to one conclusion: to be avoided in the future.

Of course, this is just my impression, not a recommendation, and comes without any kind of warranty, express or implied. :-)
Old 08-09-2001, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I have pics . . .

I can send you pics of the wings installed if you
let me know your email address.

Dave
98.5 2.8 qms

Quick Reply: Dropped my car off at Don Rosen for 30K and Wet Braking fix.