A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Ed P and other 3M IHG users, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ed P and other 3M IHG users, please read.

I'm currently using Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover for both swirl cover-up and deep-gloss polish. I've been very happy with its results on both fronts, but I'm always looking for the absolute best. After hearing so many raves about IHG, I'm wanting to try some. I'm extremely meticulous with washing and swirls aren't a huge problem for me, but they are there and I take them out before each waxing.

My question is this: How good is IHG at filling swirls? Will it work for me or should I try 3M's Swirl Remover; any experience with this product vs. IHG? Maybe Swirl Remover followed by IHG?

I use an orbital palm buffer for all my finish work, so it's mostly like hand-work (not some 220V Porter Cable deal), but not exactly.

Sorry for the length and thanks very much for your advice.
Old 12-12-2000, 12:46 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IHG is not a "filler" it's a glaze, so it's actually a mild abrasive...

and "planes" down the edges that cause the specular highlights from scratches. Read the faq's on carcareonline.

I actually use it's sister product, 3M MACHINE glaze with the Porter Cable DA buffer, followed with Blitz.