A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

f@!#king body shop..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f@!#king body shop..

car has been in the shop since July 28th. it took them almost two weeks to get the parts in from RPI after I ordered them from RPI for the shop b/c they are dumb rednecks and lazy s#!t heads. now after so many weeks they are trying to put on the pieces (Rieger Front) and they can't figure it out, they even sent back for directions. the crappy part is that my rental coverage runs out today and this morning when the ins. comp called the shop for status, the shop told them it wouuld be done today. When I call they said tomorrow. Me and the ins comp call together and now they are saying 3 days from now. after a month, the body damage has been prepped, but no painting has been done. not even the bumper that they are trying to mount. @!#$!@$#@!$. I'm stuck without a car for three days and I miss mine. I almost forgot what it looks like.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:17 PM

dude,,I so feel your pain,,,take it out on the rental
Old 08-26-2003, 12:23 PM

Default are you the claimant or insured?

since you and the insurance company contacted the body shop together, and they said three days. politely ask for an exention on the rental. it's worth a try. i have seen it done many times.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default true, but on my way to drop it off, have to pickup my kid as usual. guess we'll be taking the bus

looking up bus schedule, public transportation here in GA is a joke. at least compared to up north. I miss Jersey.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I tried, but i reached my $900 limit and they will charge me more $$$.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:29 PM

sweet talk you insurance company,,they will let you keep it for a couple more days given the situati
Old 08-26-2003, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default similar scenario w/ Liberty Mutual

The body shop took longer than expected and I called Liberty Mutual for an extention b/c their adjuster took a week to "adjust" the car. They gave me the ok on the extention and then I received the overage bill a month later. I called to bitch about it and they said that there was no record of someone giving me an extention.
(nice way of handling a 10yr. customer)
Old 08-26-2003, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ouch those fockers... they note everything except when it doesn't benefit them
Old 08-26-2003, 12:58 PM

Default i'm assuming it's your ins.co., you have to be polite and explain the hardship it will cause.

if that doesn't work, request to speak to their supervisor. persistence is key here, trust me.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:09 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Calm down...

The body shop is right not to paint anything until all the parts are in. They are also right not to paint the bumper until they know how it fits, and they sort out any fitment issues. Manufacturers parts are a can of worms...some parts arrived damaged, wrong parts show up, etc. etc. Aftermarket parts are even worse! Sometimes things don't attach the same way the factory manual tells them. So they look for instructions from the aftermarket manufacturer...but they are missing?! The fitment might not be perfect, so they may have to do a little sanding and twisting to get things to line up right...maybe even heat the bumper and reshape the mounting locations...or trim certain areas.

It sounds like the shop is dragging their feet to a certain extent...and you'll need to work with them on dates and timelines, and check back frequently for a status (whether timelines are being met, if there are problems, etc). Make sure they understand, you're now paying out of pocket for the rental. Establish clear expectations and what who should pay for the rental if the expectations are not met.

It doesn't sound like this is the stage where you want to rush the body shop. You do want to make sure they know how to install the bumper, and that they are aware of any issues they will have to address BEFORE painting.

The one thing I don't understand is why they are waiting for installation instructions. Call the company you ordered the parts from, and have them fax directions to the shop directly.