A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

First door ding on my A4... damn, inconsiderate crap car drivers! (sorry, venting)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-1999, 09:42 PM
Scot McKay

True--ergo my long history of dings despite trying as hard as possible...
Old 09-11-1999, 09:52 PM
Gordon Martin

Actually watched my wife swing A4 door into someone else's bang, zoom, to the...)
Old 09-11-1999, 10:29 PM
Scott G

Default Re: I have a special parking place at work for this reason...

When I had my dark green 96 A4qm I parked with everyone else. The people I work with all drive nice cars, however when they open the doors on these nice cars you would think Bruce Lee had just applied a flying drop kick to get it open. I had more scuffs and dings then I could buff out in a week. Now I park far away under a nice shade tree where they can't park around me. It's hard to believe how carless people are with even expensive cars.
Old 09-11-1999, 10:32 PM
Anthony

Default What if you did see someone ding your door?

What would you do? I was just curious about other feelings about this. I got to thinking of what I'd do, and I just don't know. It hardly seems worth getting into a serious confrontation that could lead to violence, but what to do? If I saw someone damage my car, my eye for an eye would probably kick in, and I'd want to **** up their car, but then I'm no better.
Old 09-11-1999, 11:30 PM
markbradford

RONCO?! As in Ron Popeil!?!?!? On my A4!?!??!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah sure.
Old 09-11-1999, 11:56 PM
ChuckH

Default Recently at a hotel, I had just gotten into the car when...

...a group of people were getting into an oldsmobile or Buick (what's the difference?) rental. This woman opened the back door and just let it fly! It absolutely smacked the back bumper of the A4, making the whole car move significantly. Knowing where and how it hit, I knew it didn't damage the car, but the lack of respect was what really got me. I rolled down the window, and I was like "hey, hey, hey!" I was going to say something, but they all closed and locked their doors. She had this terrified look on her face, like I was going to flatten them or something. So, I just gave them all a dirty look and drove away.

One time I did say something to this lady with a tercel. She was kind of large, and was leaning into her car. Her *** was against the door, and she kept banging it. I'm sitting in the car (luckily it was my 90Q, with the big rubber strip) half asleep, and there's theis bump, bump. bump. bump, bump, and I see this door next to me hitting, retreating, hitting, reatreating, etc., as the moved. I got out of the car and walked around to the other side. She pulls the door away and is like "Oh, I'm sorry!" I said, "you know, you really should be more careful. If it weren't for this rubber strip, you would have beaten the crap out of my car!" THen, I looked at her doors, and on both sides, there was no paint along the door edge, except that which was from other cars. It was obvious that she was doing this everywhere she parked.

Anyhow, it just amazes me how disrespectful people are. I can't even begin to add up all the times I was actually sitting in the car when someone opened their door on me.

Awhile back, I found a 1/2" blob of red paint on my 90Q. It was way up high by the mirror. Amazingly, there was only a very tiny indentation, and no paint was lost from my car. I was able to rub off the red paint. Someones SUV or truck (I'm sure, since it was up so high) must have been misisng a big spot of paint! It was nice to know that my 90Q basically won the battle on that one!

Charles
Old 09-11-1999, 11:59 PM
ChuckH

The other problem is that a nice car doesn't mean careful driver!
Old 09-12-1999, 12:46 AM
Verik

The last time it happens to me, the car next to me got my autograph on all 4 doors.
Old 09-12-1999, 04:30 AM
GT

Default One thing I worry about when parking far away from the crowd...

is that it might make it more susceptible to vandalism... I'd think if a bunch of punks wanted to mess up some car, they'd probably take more notice to a nice A4 parked all alone than a nice car parked with the others... so I guess it's a matter of choosing between a small chance of getting your door dinged/scratched -or- a really, really small chance of getting much more damage.
Old 09-12-1999, 09:31 AM
HT

Default Park in the last space in the row, only 1 car to worry about

Or up against the wall.

Or be a complete ******* and park in the middle of 2 spaces

Diagonally.

Hanzhi

Quick Reply: First door ding on my A4... damn, inconsiderate crap car drivers! (sorry, venting)