A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

First door ding on my A4... damn, inconsiderate crap car drivers! (sorry, venting)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-1999, 10:11 AM
Anthony

Default Same thing with taking up more than one spot...

But if you're taking up more than one spot you get what you deserve... in my opinion at least, but that is a pet peeve of mine.
Old 09-12-1999, 10:39 AM
Scot McKay

Oh yeah, people will ding/key your car on purpose if they sense you are obsessive about it.
Old 09-12-1999, 08:20 PM
MORONS

Default I just don't understand you...

I just don't get it, I don't understand you morons. You park your car in a place that is very prone to this kind of damage and think that it won't happen to your car. It's as though your car is so special that you believe the freakin' tooth fairy is watching over your precious car like a gaurdian angel! The A4 is a nice car, yeah agreed. Oh, ignorance and naivity is bliss, to be you. You are naive to think that in America, most people can tell the difference between an C class, a Buick and a Camry. PLEASE! I've never, NEVER, had a door ding in 11 years of car ownership. Door dings are like pimples on the *** of humanity to us real car guys.
Old 09-13-1999, 09:14 AM
Jeff J

Default It's a local thing...(more)

I had about 1/2 a dozen dings on my last car after two years of living on Long Island, NY. With the same car, I never had another after 2 years in Marina del Rey, CA. A lot of it has to do with the attitude of the people in the area. Try telling someone at Roosevelt Field (mall in Nassau County) that they should park in a spot away from other cars. YEAH RIGHT--like after looking for a spot for 30 minutes you're going to find another open spot ANYWHERE. I've seen several people in Toronto open the doors to their car and cup their hands at the edge of the door so it didn't dent the car next to them. Fat chance of EVER seeing that in the NY area.

best,

Jeff J
Old 09-13-1999, 06:23 PM
ASSHOLE

Man you are one big freaken obnoxious
Old 09-15-1999, 07:23 AM
E-Dime

Add a garage to your house and have your job reserve you a parking space with 2 ft on the side
Old 09-15-1999, 07:29 AM
Eriq

Default Look for cars more expensive than your Audi A4 and park next to them (more...)

That's very true. Cars that are parked far away are open to vandalism. I use to do it until it happened to me (fortunately in my old Jetta).

There is one thing you can do though:

Look for cars that are more expensive than your Audi A4 and park next to them. Havn't you noticed, but the people that own nice cars like us are usually more careful to other peoples cars. It's very true. Don't ever park your car next to a lemon-mobile, because those people just don't about that stuff anyway!