A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

first experience at Newport Audi Service was terrible !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-1999, 09:37 PM
SM

Default first experience at Newport Audi Service was terrible !!!!

I took my new 00 A4 in for some wind noise and was told that their next appointment is in about ten days. So, I gladly made the appointment and went back and dropped off the car at my scheduled time of 8:30am.

After not hearing from them till 2pm, I called and the service manager said "I drove it and couldn't reporduce the problem." I guess he couldn't call me earlier to tell me that. Anyways, his comment was ridiculous because the problem is 100% repeatable. Every time the speed exceeds 65mph the wind noise is clearly audible. Any idiot can hear it. I told him to try it again since I am absolutely positive the winde noise is defenitly there. I heard nothing till 5pm, an hour before they close. The service manager left me a message asking me to come pick up the car. After getting there, he tells me the technicians took it for a drive and reproduced the problem but there's no time to fix it today and our next appointment is in 13 days. No **** sherlock, thanks for taking an entire day to reproduce a problem that's always there when you exceed 65mph.

Luckily, there's another local Audi dealer in Orange County. I hope they turn out a little better.
Old 12-30-1999, 09:59 PM
racer

Default Um Commonwealth?? Hahaha..good luck..expecially if you've modified your car.

Yeah, Newport takes a while to work on cars and sometimes they like to touch things that they are not supposed to (my shock setting)!! But they've helped me replace a lot of stuff that Commonwealth wouldn't even consider. Commonwealth also gives you attitude...they always told me that my car problems were caused by aftermarket...bunch of b.s.
Old 12-30-1999, 10:18 PM
SM

Default Say it ain't so

Even Commonwealth !!!!! I haven't touched the car yet, so hopefully this'll be a quick and simple fix. I hope my experience with Commonwealth won't make me decide between bad and worse !!!!!