A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Forced Motion's down pipe and cat combo

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forced Motion's down pipe and cat combo

So I was flipping thru EuroTuner and I come across this thing. Anyone have any input about whether or not it would be worth the money? I was thinking about getting one of these and then doing a custom exhaust. I figure it'd be about the same price to do that as to get a good cat back system by itself. I'm on a budget and I want an exhaust badly. I'm not sure about just doing a custom because I want HP gains as well as as the look and sound (moreso, actually) and customs are kinda hit or miss, you know?
I guess I'm just looking for some educated advice, guesses and opinions on the system and my idea. TIA.<ul><li><a href="http://www.forced-motion.com/sportline/sportline.htm">Sportline Downpipe/Cat Combo</a></li></ul>
Old 07-08-2002, 09:49 PM

Default I'd be wary of high flow cats...

better make sure someone is running that cat before you buy it. It might throw a code. Picturehomo is also making some downpipe and cat combo...might want to check that out...right Brett?
Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Elder Member

Default I already covered this

I dont like their design, first of all that cat/downpipe shown isnt for the A4 its for the vw 1.8T transverse..

so we've yet to see their actual product, plus they said its the raceline but show it as the sportline..

1. Doesnt look like they weld their products from the inside out, which maybe cause cracking on our cars, may.

2. They dont put the casing around the flex joint, that is what mine look like without the nipples, and without the mesh, that mesh is there for a reason, years ago they used to not do it, and the flex joints got damaged and it was kinda a waste, so as futuristic as their flex joint looks, its a bad idea.

more here.....<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1257546.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1257546.phtml</a></li></ul>
Old 07-08-2002, 10:01 PM

Default Danke. I'll check it out.

Any input on custom exhausts?
Old 07-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Elder Member

what kind of imputs? i also have a full post on them too.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:10 PM

Default Re: what kind of imputs? i also have a full post on them too.

Well, as I said, I'm really hankering for an exhaust but I'm on a tight budget for the forseeable future. I've been thinking of getting a muffler and getting custom piping done. I want performance gains - not just look and sound. Would I just be throwing away my money if I go custom over a tuned exhaust system?
Old 07-08-2002, 10:17 PM

You know what? I apologize in advance for not doing a search. Heheheheh. Reading now.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Elder Member

Default Well just so you know, I'm not selling my own stuff....

so I'm not knocking other companies stuff...

(i mean for the rear, I'm not selling full exhaust "yet") I may decide to later on.. so besides the downpipe, my full exhaust system feedback is pretty unbaised.

Unless someone is local, I've been offering to have my fabricator mimic my system, or an variant of it on their car.

I only sell the downpipes, but I've been learning and checking out the other parts with the infromation I've learned..

so as for downpipes, nobody really sells, them, neuspeed did for 260, but I dont know if they are doing that now with their G2 anymore.

Some other companies, i.e. Autospeed/Force motion are getting into the A4 market, but I assure you the guy I am having these made through puts out top notch quality and they are all hand done, as ordered, not run off in a machine, and not contracted by another company.

From looking around I think most people on AW/AZ are familiar with the product(s) I'm putting out and I've gotten nothing but compliments on the items so far.

Except that they arent plug and play, but in most cases you'll be glad they arent.

For Instance the jetta pipes, most companies make them plug and play, and they shrink the pipe to fit in the oem slip join, well your shrinking it down, so your going from 2.5/3inch, down to a smaller size, and than going into a slip than going back out to a 2.5, well that doesnt make to much sense, and your your loosing flow.
So that is why on the products I make, I sell the kit which includes the actual downpipe, flanged, and a a gasket, and another flanged peice of material for you to weld your aftermarket exhaust onto.

Some people want longer peices, but I suggest you have the products professionally installed and your installing shop can always provide you with extra piping, its only ~6bucks a foot for 2.5" T409.