A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Friend about to buy....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-1999, 06:53 AM
Christian A.

Default Friend about to buy....

Hey all..I haven't been around here in the longest! WHAT'S NEW?<br>A friend of mine at work went to Pray Audi over the weekend with her boyfriend to look at used 1.8TQTS and the dealer said they have some loaner cars. One of them was a 1999 Silver/Ecru, 1.8TQTS, sunroof, leatherette, 2K miles. The boyfriend talked him down to $24K. They have to wait until the dealer gets the car back(it's on loan at the moment) and then they will look at it to make sure they want it. They have test driven Tiptronic 1.8T's so they know what it feels like and they like it(she likes manual mode/the boyfriend likes auto).<br>Although I personally do not like that color combination, I am pretty jealous that my friend is getting an A4..but their old car died, so they need a newer car..I don't! <br>Is there anything I should advise them to look out for(other than the obvious)...It is silver, isn't there a paint problem in some silvers?<br>I've actually been thinking about selling the Jeep again....but I won't put you through all of that drama a 2nd time!!!<p>LATA,<br>Christian Andersen<br>'97 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L(w/ toys)<br>NYCity<br>
Old 04-27-1999, 07:22 AM
Rich W

Default GET AN A4! --> Sell that Wranger!--> I just sold my 97 4.0 Wrangler!-->

Two years in a Wrangler is Enough! I had a 4.0L Sport, 2 factory tops, loaded, 30" wheel package...<p>I got that out my system and got a great selling price.<p>Click the link below to check out the page I made.<p>Listed it in Classifieds 2000 and Yahoo. First looker bought it!<p>NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL!!<ul><li><a href="http://www.rwnewmedia.com/jeep">My Jeep For Sale Page</a></li></ul>
Old 04-27-1999, 08:16 AM
ChrisWB

Default #1 Stay away from Pray - far away. (more)

I got my the exact same A4 1.8TQM I was looking for at Continental in Fairfield for $700 cheaper. I remember the guy saying "Good luck finding anything out there for cheaper." I drove 10 min away and bought my car for $800 over. When my mom was in the market for an A4 avant, the salesman at Pray said "$1000 over invoice is the lowest this dealership will go." We drove up to Danbury Audi (1/2 hour away) and purchased her Hisbiscus Avant for $600 over.<p>I still have a 91 Wrangler that I am going to sell in a few weeks. It gets horrible gas mileage, I can't stand driving it on the highway (I can't hear myself think), and I feel like I'm driving a go-cart. If you can afford to keep it as a second car, it's great. Otherwise, 86 it.<br>
Old 04-27-1999, 08:32 AM
Rob MacK

Pray salespeople r stupid/annoying: deal w/ sales manager directly and you could get $300 over invoice like me.
Old 04-27-1999, 04:05 PM
Phil S

Default Re: I had a very good experience at Pray long...

When I started looking for a 1.8TQM, sports pkg, sunroof, silver, in May 97, they were almost non existant. Continental was my first stop,and they told me they could get me a car, I told them they had one week to produce a VIN., and I said I will take any color except black, green, or dark blue. The deal was $1000.00 over and at that time was a good deal. After a week of getting jerked around, I went to Danbury, and was told it was a Two month wait! I called Ralph Faugno at Pray, and he told me he had a Silver/black with all my options in stock same deal. I drove down and saw the car Friday, and was driving Tuesday! The guy from Continental called me Sat. cause when he called Pray to try to swap for that car, they told him I already bought it, he then called me and asked why I was screwing him. I asked him if he had a car for me, he said no, so I said how am I screwing you I gave you a week to find me a car and several color choices and you failed. He then got nasty and told me It will take two months to get that exact car,and that he did not think Pray would deliver the car as promised. I told him I have every right to buy the car any place that can fill my order. Since then, pray has been chip friendly, they know all my mods and do not hassle me and they give me an A6 as a loaner. Pray is the # volumn Dealer in the USA, and I have been told in the world, so they get more alocation than those others. Now I am not saying they are perfect, but I sold cars and was a sales manager for 11 years and maybe that helped me to know when Continental was waisting my time, but Pray Audi is not as bad as some have said and if I paid a little more to get the exact car I wanted, with NO wait (I will never wait for a car), then thats OK by me. Price should never be the only thing you consider, every problem I have had, Pray fixed in one day and always had the parts in stock, and driving a brand new A6 for a day makes service fun!
Old 04-28-1999, 05:59 AM
Christian Andersen

Default Re: GET AN A4! --> Sell that Wrangler!--> I just sold my 97 4.0 Wrangler!-->

Cool page...thats the price I was asking for mine...but I have 27500 miles. I have 235/75 R15's<br>and 5 star factory rims....<br>MAybe I'll put up a page and how do you get it to Classifieds 2000?