A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Full Story - PES T28 Kit / My car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn.......

its really sad hearing it like that.....

but at least its all coming together for you

2.0T! now thats gonna be one bad *** *****!
Old 03-28-2002, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default please do, i'd definitely go for that than an engine swap

mind if you post pics of the new pistons and sleeves too =) TIA
Old 03-28-2002, 10:33 AM

Default there was a very large cloud of smoke behind me...

you could see where the coolant began to dump on the road along with the oil after a short distance.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:39 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default wait, WITH the oil?

If they happened at the same time oil AND water, then seizure from loss of coolant leading to the puncture would mean water cloud, THEN oil later after the ventilated block and pan... Maybe the water line was damaged at the time the rod blew instead. With your description, then I would guess the rod gave out of the blue, then the engine spun up, then the resulting hole dumped the fluids, resulting in the remaining pistons seizing.

I'd blame it on the rod, rather than the coolant rupture.

In any case, the order of events doesn't matter. The lack of piston/head damage is encouraging. Good luck on the 2.0! You'll be the envy of many a 1.8t owner!
Old 03-28-2002, 10:41 AM

no coolant was first, followed by oil....
Old 03-28-2002, 10:41 AM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree! loss of coolant wouldnt seize the engine that fast
Old 03-28-2002, 10:50 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Well, a flung rod would still damage the coolant jackets around the cylinders....

so I'll stick with my guess the rod just gave. Then the smoke cloud coming out the tailpipe would make more sense to me, as the coolant then exited via the cylinder from damaged cylinder walls, and not under the car. under the car would mean not that much smoke. Water in a cylinder WOULD mean smoke.

Anyways, like I said, glad to see you moving on up the mod chain.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not to start ****...ahh well F#%K I guess I'm starting S$%T what I want to know

is how can it be that Ryan claims that in all the time we were talking to each other than he knew NOTHING about what had really happened or the extent of the damage to his car how is it that he was able to make the following quote.

"I was like damn coolant and oil together... not good... ****. I am in shock at this point sitting on the curb, ready to cry and he looks at me at tells me "you ventilated your block man", my heart drops to my ankles."

I remember hearing the rumor of the hole in his block...and upon talking to him about it, long before he had any reason to be suspicious of me or anyone else he claimed he was being perfectly forthright and honest in his assertions that he knew nothing about the status of his car or the extent of the damage and that to the best of his knowledge there was NO HOLE, yet it's OBVIOUS he was lying through his teeth according to the post above. Shame on you Ryan...you **** on me for supposedly being dishonest and underhanded when you just proved to the whole world you were lying to everyone from the get go.

Maybe you should have let me (instead of PES ;-) ) proof read your letter for you before you posted it...I would have been happy to point out this and several other totally glaring inconsistencies in your story. You are the weakest link...goodbye.

James R.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:20 AM

Default I can't believe you just posted that....

James, I had perfectly good reason not to tell the whole world and your big mouth everything. Put yourself in my shoes you *******, I can't even comprehend why you want to put me thru this after all the problems I have had. I wasn't lying to you because I was trying to cover something up, I didn't know what happened and I didn't want anyone jumping to conclusions about what possibly could of happened. This is it... this is the last time I will let you sit here and bad mouth me on the forums, when I am not the bad guy and I have done nothing wrong. You are a complete ****ing *******, and If I ever meet your fat nerdy *** I am gonna tatoo ******* on your forhead. Clearly you don't give a **** about the situation at hand and you are just out to be a total *****. Congratulations, job well done. Fly your *** to PES, I will pay for your ticket, it will so be worth it.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:40 AM

Default Ryann--just wanted to offer my best wishes

All of us who have done heavy mods to ANY car have had major disappointments at one time or another or have had mechanical failures. That does not lessen the terrible feeling when something goes wrong. Best of luck in the future.

Quick Reply: Full Story - PES T28 Kit / My car