A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Full Story - PES T28 Kit / My car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah I'm ready to let it go...I had a good talk with Ed and he made some

strong points for both sides of the argument. My concern was I wanted information to be out in the open as you clearly understand from your post.

He pointed out to me that people are probably unlikely to make a kit decision w/o consulting various OG / informed forum members in the first place so it's not like there wouldn't be an exchange of information regarding the merits of or lack thereof of either kit. Those who simply buy on impulse w/o doing the research deserve what they get...and so it is with this single comforting notion I now feel like I'm able to set down torch and take a few steps back ;-) Afterall what have "I" to lose of Joe Blow buys the wrong kit?

Wish ya the best of luck on your cycling...better get that cadence up boy they're gaining on ya...hell the dood with one ******** looks like he's gonna pass ya :-P J/K Anyhow...I hope we can set all this nastiness behind us and move on...I don't hold grudges...not over **** like this, maybe some day we can share a beer and a few laughs and reflect on how truly lame these flame wars really are.

Regards,

James R.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh .. I thought you were joking so I carried it on. I figured if you really wanted a bone stock NA

car to build up you would have bought one by now so I was pitchin ya grief is all. My apologies for mis-interperating you.
So in layman's language what cars are you guys looking for?
We tend to have tons of older cars in good shape out this way due to the lack of salt and lack of acid in the air.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default James...

You are clearly expressing mixed things here. Whereas I very much appreciate your reaching out to bury this hatchet, I still feel as if you are poking me with a stick with a statement like:

"Afterall what have "I" to lose of Joe Blow buys the wrong kit?"

In my opinion there is no "wrong" kit. I am holding no grudge against anyone, and I agree that someday perhaps we can share a beer and laugh about the flame wars and the online culture.

But let me make this point very clear. I truly love my T-28 kit and the way my car performs. There is nothing "wrong" with that. I have had zero problems associated and it simply delivers what it promises.

Take Care,
-Rich
Old 03-29-2002, 09:34 AM

i wish i could say the same for my kit
Old 03-29-2002, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Charlie...

That is unfortunate, and I, believe me, truly understand how you feel.

On the other hand, you also have a variety of other equipment in your car that potentially create so many different variables. I'm not an engineer or scientist, or whatever... my knowledge is limited. But I can't imagine no one manufacturer or tuner can fathom or plan for every separate customer's custom configuation.

But in my case, the kit in my car is setup exactly in its intended application/ environment.

Also be aware that all mods (in general) are pay-to-play, big-boy toys with associated risks. So if you try something and it becomes problematic for you and you just don't have the strength to deal with it anymore, then bite the bullet... Say "Uncle"... Remove it... Sell it... put your car back to stock.

Its not the end of the world... You tried something, it didn't work... Big Deal... Life goes on.

And not in defense of anyone, but you've been saying this for quite some time now. If you feel that you cannot solve the issue with the kit in your car, then solve it by removing it.

Lifes too short to be unhappy.

Good Luck,
-Rich
Old 03-29-2002, 11:06 AM

Default Rich W..

i dont think you understood the purpose of my post

im not getting involver in any "tuner wars"

i just feel the need to let people know that not all these kits are preforming as they should, im not trting to bash you, PES or GIAC, but i am unhappy with my purchase & i know of a few others who prob feel the same as i do.

i am going to share that expierience when i feel it relates to the topic @ hand, not as a bash against anyone, but for the purpose of forwarning anyone that may be going down this path so they do not have the same "troubles" i have

& believe me, if i could just "take off the kit" i would. i dont have many of my stock parts & i am not in a position where i can take a 4-500$ loss re-selling the kit.

even if i sold the kit, it would only put me in a position where i either spend another 5-600$ more buying the parts needed to put it back to stock, or i throw on another grand & get S-III

so 1000$ to go back to stock, or 1500$ for S-III...? these just arent options for me

anyways, RichW i respect you & i understand where you are coming from, i dont see a need to drag this conversation on. if you have any Q's feel free to hit me up on AIM, i would love to hear about your car