A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Funny Mall Parking Lot Experience (Debadging)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2000, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Mall Parking Lot Experience (Debadging)

I had to run to the mall today (snowing here in NC!) to get some jeans. I parked my car rather far out in the parking lot where there were very few cars. So, to avoid the horrible door dings if someone decided to park next to me I occupied 2 spots. Well, my car has been debadged and all I have on the trunk is the 4 rings and the Quattro badge. I came back to my car and noticed a pink citation on my windshield. I was checking it out and it said my car's make was: OOOO and the model was: Quattro. I laughed pretty hard when I saw that. I guess I have a stealth car huh? Goes to show how people don't know our cars. Oh well, no official ticket, but it did say that future citations would result in my car being towed. Gotta love it!!!
Old 11-19-2000, 01:30 PM

Default LOL! I once got one that said I had an "Audio A4"!

BTW, where in NC?
Old 11-19-2000, 01:41 PM
Elder Member

Default funny, but doubleparking is just asking for a key scratch. I get mad when I see people do it.

I fully agree with taking extra measures from door dings, but don't take up two spaces. Try to find an end spot and then park as close as possible to that side.
Old 11-19-2000, 01:47 PM

IMHO "Loving" your car shouldnt really be that troubling to others
Old 11-19-2000, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Funny Mall Parking Lot Experience (Debadging)

Do you like your EBC Greenstuff?
Old 11-19-2000, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, someone taking 2 spots really pisses me off.
Old 11-19-2000, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I do it ONLY if there's lots of spaces open around me. Why should anyone care then?
Old 11-19-2000, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default correct my if I am wrong, but isn't the mall private property?

and therefore a parking ticket is unenforceable?

My mom got sideswiped in the mall parking lot road once, took out the front bumper all the way to the rear by a woman in a car with no license, no insureance (law in IL), no registration, and the car wasn't hers, and she blew the stop sign.

the cop on the scene let her go and told my mom there was nothing he could do, as it was private property, no a city road. (as if she wasn't going to drive without insureance, license, or registration on the city roads to get home from the mall?)

our insureance ended up sueing, and we ended up with the deductible. Great.
Old 11-19-2000, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just be careful, I did the same thing once....

....pulled into a mall parking garage which was mostly empty. Took two spaces far away from any car. Several hours later when I came out, some a$$hole had tried to squeeze in next to me in the 1/2 space and did about $1400 damage to my 6 month old A4. I've never parked like that again.
Old 11-19-2000, 02:25 PM

Default Too funny....I'm in Greensboro, NC...

I normally try to get end spots, etc, but when I am parked out in BFE somewhere I don't think that should be a problem, but I guess the mall parking enforcement SWAT team sees someone like myself as a nuisance and will issue me a citation. I just seem to attract door dingers sometimes and I will do just about anything to get away from these people. I wish I just could inflate some huge bubble around my car to prevent them. Oh well. No harm done.

Quick Reply: Funny Mall Parking Lot Experience (Debadging)