A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

The Future of Audi

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Future of Audi

I could use a few more responses--Thanks

Hey Audi Fans,

My name is Casey Hogue and I am a student at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA. I am working on a sponsored project for Audi (specifically, the design of the B-Class [A4 Sedan]) and would love it if I could get some input from some devoted Audi enthusiasts. I have a few questions that if answered would be put directly to use in my work. Answer one question, answer them all-- anything you have to say would be great.

1) Why Audi? Why have you purchased cars from Audi in the past, and what about them will sway your decisions in the future?

2) Why not BMW/Mercedes Benz?

3) Could you elaborate on your buying experience? Where you convinced at a dealership, or did you decided before you bought? Was it the advertising, the Image, or maybe the history of Audi that influenced your choices?

4) What would you like to see in the future of the B-Class (Interior/exterior design)?

Thanks, I truly appreciate it.
Casey Hogue
hogue@artcenter.edu
Old 01-27-2004, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

1)excellent engineering, 2) one word, quattro. 3)previous owner 4)lower body panels painted
Old 01-28-2004, 04:41 AM

Default See Inside (Long)

1)I liked the look of the B5 A4, this board helped me to decide to purchase also because the community is so active, the ability to mod the 1.8T to get extra performance for a reasonable $ point. Never owned an Audi before, my first German car. Audi is gonna have to do something to catch the Jap competition, need to have more power off the showroom floor.

2)Most of the BMW & Mercedes people I know are total *******s. Didn't really like the feel of the Mercedes I drove, to isolated from the road. I really liked the BMW M3 but was out of my price range.

3)I had already decide on an A4, checked prices for Audi Assured at the dealer but they wanted to much $$$. Had connection who goes to VAG auction here in Florida. I was able to get off lease car still under warranty for about $3.5K less than the dealer wanted. Also went looking at the A4 Cab for my wife, dealer wouldn't budge off MSRP, ended up buying used Cab with 9K miles on it for $12K less than dealer wanted for new one. Overall sales experience was good, just pissed they won't knock any off MSRP. Wasn't influenced by advertising or history. Mostly Quattro was biggest factor.

4)Would like to see painted lowers as standard. I like the Ultra sport package look, definitely a step in the right direction. Lines in the B6 don't flow as nicely as B5. Looks much bigger height wise. Though I do like the front bumper with the big mouth, perfect for FMIC. Interiors are perfect, can't complain about anything really, though would like to see boost gauge option on turbo models. Also don't like the grill work I've seen on the concept cars from Audi. Makes it look like a friggin Chrysler. Design is OK overall. Main concern is need more power available out of stock A4. Needs to be at least 250HP though would prefer more.