A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Gary@Ronal, Jim H, AoA,, and ALL VENDORS (Open Letter) -long

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-1999, 07:51 PM
Dean (Not afraid of big brother yet) Benz

Default Gary@Ronal, Jim H, AoA,, and ALL VENDORS (Open Letter) -long

Gary with Ronal USA is in my opinion the best example I’ve seen of a vendor supporting the Internet community. He sponsors a page on this site (and others?) he participates in events, as well as providing valuable raffle items, etc… <p>MOST IMPORTANTLY, HE PARTICIPATES IN THE DISCUSSIONS! Answering questions, and giving advice. <p>I can only assume this has resulted in sales growth for him, and his company. I know that Ronal will be very high on my list when I’m looking for wheels later this year. (For all I know, he spends just as much time on BMW sites, and drives one of them at all their events, if so, good for him, good for his business!) <p>Can you imagine how INCREDIABLE this site would be if other manufacturers participated to this extent?<p>When someone asked if the 1% price hike was retroactive, or what is the difference between the .8bar and 1bar chip from manufacturer X. THERE WOULD BE ONLY 1 ANSWER. Hopefully the right one.<p>In many ways, Jim H. from my perspective was trying to be do just that. Did he overstep his authority? I guess so, but if AoA had an actual representative empowered to answer these issues, and general questions participating in this forum, he wouldn’t have had to.<p>Maybe AoA should hire Jim as the Internet liaison and pay him accordingly.<p>To all you LURKING VENDORS on this forum, take a look at what Gary has done. Send him an E-Mail, maybe he will tell you what participating has done to his business. (Gosh I hope it is good)<p>If your not going to participate, we really don’t need you here.<p>For vendors that do participate, please continue to do so, more if you can.<p>This has been opinion. If you don’t like it, post yours, don’t flame mine!<p>-Dean<br>
Old 02-03-1999, 04:38 AM
Edmund F

Default I agreed, 100%. We should all sent our comments directly to AoA customer service, they should know how we(A4 owers) feel.

/
Old 02-03-1999, 04:39 AM
Edmund F

Default I mean send....sorry

//
Old 02-03-1999, 07:08 AM
Gary @ ronal

Default THANKS, etc.

I appreciate your comments. <br>By the way, I try to drive only my car at any event I can. Ronal does supply wheels for virtually any car, truck, and suv. From a business perspective I try to open as many doors for Ronal wheels in this respect--however-the Audi program is MY "pet" and I, consequently, try to support the program as best as I can--and I appreciate your responses & business. It is an exclusive program that has been ongoing in that we are a wholesale distributor, and do not sell to the retail trade. This opportunity also allows you drivers out there, to obtain a very high quality product--considered the best by TUV, at wholesale costs. Plus I try to offer our experience when it comes to wheel/tire issues and some specific information when we have the CORRECT information,-about various topics.<br>Unfortunately everyone has an opinion, but if you figure this one out--O.A.L.A.E.H.O.--unfortunately they're not always correct--and not all the information is given.<br>I'm sorry to hear that others do not value their time, etc. --afterall Audi is a rather small segment in the US car industry--however everyone has a need for information--especially in the smaller car segments.<br>I will continue to support this site, and Audi --as best as I can--<br>I personally am not very happy w. AoA-and what they're doing--but that's their corporate way of doing things! <br>We will try to continue doing the things that are necessary to create a better image for Audi and their drivers.<br>I hope to have some surprises in store for the Western Drivers School, in Las Vegas 4/9-11 for those who attend. I am trying to enhance the image of who and what Audi is--and where they're going. Maybe our wheels, and support, will get them going in the right direction.
Old 02-03-1999, 08:11 AM
Rob O

Default O.A.L.A.E.H.O. ... and some *people* are AHOLES (read: AoA cyber-narc)

Many thanks to Gary for his candid, professional advice and A4.Org services...<p>Rob O<br>'98.5 2.8qMS<br>'96 2.8q-lessM