A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Good service in NYC of all places! WARNING: Doctoral dissertation length...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-1999, 06:45 AM
Rob Mack

Default Good service in NYC of all places! WARNING: Doctoral dissertation length...

I took my A4 in for its 5K servicing yesterday to Zumbach here in New York. The manager is Kevin Nagle and he was courteous and helpful. I asked about the remote reprogramming and he did it no problem. I also faxed him the FAQ sheets and he said that he would keep it for future clients who request it. He also said that he would re-program his car as he was unaware of all the codes. He did charge me for 10 minutes of time though :-( but threw in some free touch-up paint as a consolation prize.<p>I also asked about chipping and other aftermarket add-ons: his reply was that as long as whatever you install DOESN'T break/permanently change/endanger or otherwise f*&% up your car's engine, brakes or other components, he'd have no problem working on your car. However, when I asked him if he would install the brand-new Mintex RedBox pads I bought 2 days ago from Andrew @ Camra Motorsports, he wavered a bit and said that while he COULD do it, he preferred that I had my local mechanic change them. Reason?<p>a) Local guy would be quicker and much cheaper;<br>b) If there were any problems afterwards, it would be easier to go back to the local guy and fix it rather than bring it to Audi and have them TRY to fix a non-Audi part (MUCHO expensive)<p>He also said that if they have to change the ECU/ECM and you've already chipped it, PLEASE tell him personally beforehand and he'll make sure you'll get your chip back (previous client forgot and lost his chip).<p>So, that's my report. I will post my Mintex pad observations sometime next week after I've had a chance to break them in.<p>Rob 1.8TQTip
Old 02-05-1999, 10:34 AM
ned

Default Zumbach.

<br>They did my RS2 turbo there, very nice, is Dee Klein still around?<p>Ned
Old 02-05-1999, 11:35 AM
Rob Mack

Default Re: Zumbach.

No idea. I dealt only w/ Kevin. I'll ask next time though. Email me if you have any more questions. Rob