A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Got screwed by body shop...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got screwed by body shop...

Ok so I had the local body shop paint my s4 rear and my JMS sides. When i went to pick them up i found that my sides got twisted when they baked them. He recommended having him install them because he could put them on while they were hot and that would make it a lot easier. So i agreed. So 2 weeks later i drop my car off to get them installed.(I was supposed to pick it up the next day) I also dropped off my s4 bumper and grills to get painted at the same time but not installed. Well when i picked my car up....4days later the bumper was installed. He charged me 6 hrs labor and said he figured he should do it because it was slightly misshapen. Not bad at all...i already test fitted it and it was ok. Ohh well...i know the owner...not very well but i talk with him..he is a fellow audi enthusiast. He also gave me the bumper for free(but i more than paid for it with the labor). So im take it and sign the paper that the work was completed. ANy other place i wouldnt have paid for the unwanted labor but i trust this guy and his good work is worth the extra money...along with the trust. Well I get home and find a wheel center cap missing. Call and they say they will look monday cause everything is locked up...even though they didnt take off the wheels. How did they get the screws in the end of the skirts then?? The next day I open my hood...they left an entire bottle of wax on my engine...which is now covered in wax. At the same time i notice they put my sideskirts on the wrong side!
SO that is
1. skirts on wrong side
2. wax covering my engine compartment
3. 6hrs unrequested labor
4. missing center cap on the wheel
5. Took four days instead of one

I already signed the paper saying that the work was done. This probably means i can't stop payment with the credit card and go renegotiate the price. Man i should have never left there payin for that extra labor the did when i told them not too. I thought i could trust this guy though! If it was just one of those 5 things i wouldnt be that mad! I hate trusting my car with other ppl!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:17 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You can dispute the charge with you CC company...

but you'll have to follow up with the body shop to attempt to resolve this. Do everything in writing, and send your CC company a copy of every letter you send the body shop.

There used to be a time when you could call your CC company, dispute a charge, and they would refund your money with no questions asked. Now, they make you jump through all kinds of hoops. I've been trying since August to dispute a deposit for a new car. I have all the paperwork indicating that the order was cancellable, but still, my CC company keeps writing back saying they want more documentation. It's a royal PITA!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:38 PM

Shouldn't an experienced body shop know that the sideskirts would warp when put in the oven???
Old 12-22-2002, 01:44 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

They should adjust the temperature accordingly.