A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Got a ticket on the way to Sunday River yesterday. V1 doesn't work well with instant-on Ka.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2001, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a ticket on the way to Sunday River yesterday. V1 doesn't work well with instant-on Ka.

The cop was sitting right at the end of a passing lane section of the road. I had just passed a bunch of cars and thus had no one in front of me and had to yet to slow down. The V1 went off as I passed him, and he was hidden, so I slammed on the brakes thinking he was somewhere ahead.

67 in 50. Not a lot of sympathy with skis on the roof and 3 passengers.

Anyone know if a ticket Maine shows up on your insurance in Mass? If it does, I'm going to contest it.
Old 01-28-2001, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Friend works for NationWide and told me that all the major insurance

companies have access to and receive info from all the state motor vehicle depts. regarding moving violations & accidents.

It may not add points to your home state driving record, but your insurance carry will most likely find out about.
Old 01-28-2001, 11:31 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

I'm a little confused...were you expecting that the V1 would do better in this scenario??
Old 01-28-2001, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO radar detector works with instant on... period.
Old 01-28-2001, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not at all. I was being ironic. It was stupid not to slow down.
Old 01-28-2001, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default contrary to popular believe....

chances are, your insurnace probably won't find out. Unless you are up for renewal and they do the background check. My ins. rate has only gone down since I got my license... and yes, I have gotten ticketed before (try 103 in 65).
As for points transfer... look in the MA DMV site. You should be able to find the info. on points exchange. I know NYS doesn't exchange points (except w/ Ont. province, unpaid tickets and DUI/DWI). Everyone have talked to swear otherwise... but it's on their website. So... I would go look up the info on the DMV site, instead of listening to the urban legends.

Cris
Old 01-28-2001, 02:58 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Gotcha...nevermind....
Old 01-28-2001, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my exp. says that...

yes, your home state will find out, as maine will report to mass to inform them and check you out, to be sure your license isn't going to be revoked, suspended, etc.

but your insureance agent has to query the states to see whether you have a ticket, meaning that unless your agent ASKS the maine DMV for your record. And chances are, unless you are high risk or have some other attachment to maine, your agent won't ask maine anything, as a query costs money.

I have a ticket in penn. that noone seems to know about... I got my IL license suspended because of tickets in iowa. Iowa told IL, but IL didn't tell my agent. My agent only checked because I am (was?) high risk. Then my rates went up (but he is good, so they really didn't)

but for whatever reason, IL doesn't even know about the penn ticket. Who knows?
Old 01-28-2001, 08:13 PM

He could've been timing you, then turned on the radar to check himself. that's how i got caught
Old 01-28-2001, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default According to the officer in NH this morning...(m)

According to the officer in NH this morning, the NH DMV does not report the ticket to your home state as long as you pay it. He said it would not add points to insurance or count against the driver's record.

That, and he dropped the fine to the minimum. What luck!

Quick Reply: Got a ticket on the way to Sunday River yesterday. V1 doesn't work well with instant-on Ka.