A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

In the great words of Homer J. Simpson, "WOO-HOO!" Just picked up '00 silver/Ecru 1.8tq & lovin' it

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 01:07 PM
You're just being insensitive.

I understand that YOU don't believe you're being offensive. The problem is that many others do.
Old 12-08-1999, 01:31 PM
HUMMER SIMPSON

Re: mmmmmmmm... pointy turbo!
Old 12-08-1999, 02:13 PM
Female Perspective

Default Tired of being P.C.?

Sure, in this world of being politically correct, we can lose some element of just having fun.
Maybe your handle is meant that way. The only problem is that it's profane and a bit tacky. Kind of like some gang punk handle. Not the sort of person who is classy enough to drive an Audi.

This is a public forum and you can certainly do what you like. I personally ignore it. I even actually like and sing the words to Prodigy's "smack my bi%@# up" but not in any real serious manner. It's just a good driving-fast song.
Even still, you may want to strive to be sensitive to what others feel. Especially since there's probably something even you might get offended about. (Like my earlier comment about being a gang punk?) Not trying to start a flame war....just trying to make you think about it.
-Audi enthusiast female.
Old 12-08-1999, 02:37 PM
Jim Simone

Ah, sensibility...we can use more of it.
Old 12-08-1999, 04:25 PM
Mac

Default The "handle" really is quite offensive, and surely not necessary. Please choose another (more)

For those of us who know someone who has undergone abuse (my mother-in-law, in my case), it really bespeaks a lack of sensitivity. It may not be possible to force you to change, but I AM asking you to please reconsider.

Thank you.

Mac
Old 12-08-1999, 04:48 PM
Audiboy

Ok, enough about the handle. No one even gave credit for his A4Q. CONGRATULATIONS uuh B...P! :-)
Old 12-09-1999, 08:37 AM
Bitchslap

Default I like your style and appreciate your comment.

I don't actually believe it is profane although you might be right about it being tacky. I think the reference to a "gang punk handle" is actually kind of funny and it transcends into the whole reason I used it in the first place. It makes me laugh and it's not meant to hurt anyone and I explained that fully when comments were made. I did not come back and try to enter a war about it.

I just think some people like to find a problem about everything. I don't let things like a handle bother or upset me but that's me. As far as being classy-I am. Sometimes too much with work, my girlfriend, parents, friends, business associates etc. So it is nice to have just a little bit of an outlet in something so trivial as a handle so that I can continue to be the wonderful person that I am. I'm sure I'll get comments for that last statement.

Your reference to the Prodigy was a good one and I think it illustrates my position well. If people like the ones that commented on my handle ruled the world that song would have never been heard. Instead we live in a world where a good song like that can be heard and understood to be meant in a way other than the literal.

My sense of humor might not be the same as others but it does not mean it is wrong. This is a car enthusiast forum! Some people need to lighten up instead of finding fault in EVERYTHING.

Thank you for your comment.

'00 1.8t quattro