A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

H&R/BILSTEIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R/BILSTEIN

opinions???
i need to replace rear shocks on my car. www.awe-tuning.com has the set. im debating wether or not to upgrade to that or just stay with stock... any opinions would be helpful. i searched around and couldnt really find anything too useful but i know theres people using them. thanks in advance
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Your Choice

I checked the website and the parts look very overpriced. In the summer of 09 I replaced the rear shocks. I believe the mechanic charged me about 350 for parts and labor. He offered to do the upgrade and it was going to be another 300 for parts. I decided to do the stock since my har has 150k and probably when it hits 200k im going to get something else. In my option, I didnt think it was economical to spend another 300 dollars just on shocks when I needed some tires anyways, plus I dont dont race, dont do the track, its just my daily driver. I guess if you have low miles and are looking for the better performance it might be worth it. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i see what your saying. but i need to replace both rear shocks, and the ones i found cheapest were at ECS. but then if im spending 300$ on shocks i feel like i should just get the whole set for 700 and it comes with springs also...and i have 98k miles