A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Has anyone ever had any problems with Achtuning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Didn't return several phone calls....

I told them I needed pads by a certain track date. They ensured me I would have the product by then but I didn't. I ended up cancelling the order. I guess the biggest thing was *I* was the one doing all the calling and they didn't care to respond.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:19 PM

Default You're right... but Josh is a tough guy to get a hold of... I've dealt with Josh, Ben and Ted...

and they all seem pretty cool...

Problem is that there have been about a million mixups with my wheel order... its almost been 7 weeks and they still aren't ready to ship although I've been promissed 3 different shipping dates so far.

I understand that somethings are out of their control but now I have two problems.

1.) the full amount for wheels tires and shipping was billed on my credit card over a week ago and its still going to be about annother week before they can ship.

2.) and this is the big problem... I signed up for a track weekend a few weeks ago thinking that as promised I'd have my new wheels and tires long before the event. I also sold my old summer tires to help pay for my new SL's. Well, because of all the delays, my track weekend (which I payed a **** load of non-refundable cash for) is next weekend and my wheels won't be here yet.

I can't run a track weekend on my Nokian Hakka 2's, I can't get my money back for the track weekend, and I really don't want to have to bail out on the guys @ Ach...

I'm hoping that due to all of the problems and errors that have been made they'd be willing to have the wheels shipped overnight or at least 2 day shipping at no additional cost to me so that they arrive on time, if not I will have no choice but to cancel my order and buy from retailer that can get me my wheels by next weekend.

What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: this is in no way a personal attack on the guys at Achtuning... they all seem to be good people, and although there have been a bunch of mixups and delays, they never bull****ted me intentionally... and that I respect!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM

Default I'm in a similar situation... They do call me back which is good...

problem is that there is a different issue everytime they call me...

If you read my post below, you'll see that I'm in the same boat with a track weekend (except i'm waiting for wheels and tires, and my track weekend is non-refundable)...
Old 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM

Wish I would have known that before....
Old 05-21-2004, 12:24 PM

Default That I believe... In all honesty, the matter in which they handle my concern will determine if...

I proceed with the rest of my planned purchases from them... There are also a bunch of other people in the Canadian Audi group that are waiting to see what happens with my situation before they decide to pull the trigger on wheels from Ach!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:25 PM

It took forever for them to get me my Forge 007 but that was really Forge's fault
Old 05-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default Out of their control?

I've heard that waaaay too many times for me to believe that anymore. I'll buy into that for two or maybe three incidents, but seven weeks for wheels? Three different ship dates? C'mon....
Either A: They deal with some exceptionally poor suppliers or B: They're being dishonest.
I'm not accusing them of lying, mind you. But if someone tells me I'm going to get something on X and it doesn't come on X, I have a problem. If they then tell me I'll have it on Y and I don't get it on Y, that's really not cool. If they then tell me I'll have it on Z and I still don't....well, THEY're the ones that will have the problem (of keeping my business). I'm done now.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Big problem: They billed you before shipping the product.

That's definitely a huge "mistake" on their part. I could understand if they billed you Monday and they actually shipped on Wednesday, but for over a week....not good. What's their explanation for that one? They're definitely not supposed to do that--extremely poor business practice.

BTW, my advice is get out NOW, order them elsewhere while you still can....hopefully without paying any Express shipping charges (you won't want to have wheels/tires Express shipped).

Andy
Old 05-21-2004, 06:40 PM

Default There are not returning phone calls or emails

I'm also in the same boat.. i've been billed on my cc a week ago and still haven't received any confirmation... C'mon Josh or Ben???
Old 05-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh yeah, they'd billed me before sending anything.

I ended up cancelling my order before they ever shipped it, so they temporarily billed me for something I never got.