A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Has anyone ever seen the interior color 'Brownstone?' (and second Q..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2000, 05:36 PM
Steve D

Default Has anyone ever seen the interior color 'Brownstone?' (and second Q..)

I finally found a Sable Brown A4 & I really like it. So the next decision is 'What interior?' I think the ECRU Leather seats would look great. But what about the Dashboard / Door panel?

I have the Audi A4 brochure / catalog thing. It's titled 'The 2000 Audi A4 and S4 Avant' and has a small picture of a diner on the cover.

Under 'Interior Component Color' in the back (where it gives all the color combos) it lists the following...(under the Advance catagory)

Seating Dash / Door Panels Carpet
Clay Cabernet / Clay Clay
Ecru Brownstone Ecru

My dealer said he had never seen 'Brownstone' and his Audi book with all the samples of colors and fabrics didnt have it either. Also, are they serious about an ECRU carpet? The same color as the seats... essentially an off-white? Who wants an off-white carpet that matches the seats?

What I am trying to match is the color scheme that is in the center foldout of my Audi brochure I mentioned above. It definitely has ECRU seats, and I know its the advance catagory because of the two tone door panel. But the carpet is brown.. not ecru? Which makes more sense..

If anyone can shed light on this -- especially the 'Brownstone color' and what color combo is in the center of the brochure -- I would much appreciate it! Thanks much in 'Advance...'

Steve D

confused in chicago.

mailbox44@pcc.net
Old 01-27-2000, 09:59 PM
Greg B.

Default I have ordered this combo on my '00 1.8TQMS

If you look closely at the brochure (in the passenger wheel well) you will notice that the carpet is Ecru. It is darker than the Ecru in the seats which has gotten darker than earlier model years' Ecru. It is a light beige. I have seen it on a Melange A4. IMHO it isn't too light, especially with floor mats that are somewhat darker yet. BTW I have yet to receive my car, so all this is from memory.
Old 01-28-2000, 08:02 AM
TomG

Default Don't know if this is still offered......

I thought that the fold out picture in the brochure was the ecru/brownstone. But as you say, dealer didn't ever see one, etc. I HAVE seen a4's with Advance ecru/clay however and this is NOT mentioned in the brochure. I think MAYBE the brownstone isn't offered and was replaced by the clay......clay is what I ordered.