A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Has the great 'CHIP-off' or should I say 'Chip compair' happened yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-1999, 05:41 AM
tjj

Default Has the great 'CHIP-off' or should I say 'Chip compair' happened yet?

<br>Excitingly awaiting results!!!
Old 07-23-1999, 06:47 AM
21stcdb

1 vote for Garrett {nt}
Old 07-23-1999, 07:12 AM
!@#$%^*

1 vote for Hoppen!!
Old 07-23-1999, 07:14 AM
A4

Go APR!
Old 07-23-1999, 07:31 AM
RangeR BoB

Default Nice sig, digital boy!

You don't know how to live, but you got a lot of toys...
Old 07-23-1999, 08:39 AM
tjj

NO, NO, NO --- I'm not polling. There was a group planning to get together for head-to-head testing. Wondering if it occurred yet.
Old 07-23-1999, 08:45 AM
Jon

Default Chip off --- some "official-ish" info

I can't exactly speak for Chris Ciccone and Sean Cononie, but the comparo is moving along. Problems are finding a place to run it that is safe and legal. Plus, you get worries from some people as to who's "turf" it's on, etc. I know NOTHING about chips, but I have come to understand that some are programmed and sent out, while others can be tuned right on the spot, and there is concern about that giving one manufacturer or more an "unfair advantage." But European Car is "interested" in covering it. But it is a matter of doing this for zero $$$ on our/their part, since the people setting it up aren't going to spend the $$ to rent a track or something.<p>Jon<br>'96 A4qs
Old 07-23-1999, 09:29 AM
Chris Ciccone

Default UPDATE ON THE SITUATION

I did my best to contact all of the tuners. Of which they where interested in taking place except TAP! <p>However, European car took FOREVER to get back to me, and when they did all they said is that they were "INTERESTED". But I have yet to hear back agian. In my talks with AutoThority I did find out that Europen Car contacted them about the same type of deal. However, I'm not sure how much further that went. <p>Sean talked to Motorweek and they said that they could not fit it in their schedule. <p>Basically this makes us resort to plan B. Which is to gather up A4 owners with all the chips and then run the tests oursleves. We can rent out a local track and just do some good "amateur" testing. But it is going to take some SERIOUS planning. It would be best to do this as a large Club event. Maybe getting clubs from different regions involved. This way wew can keep individual costs down. If anyone is interested please email my personal account and I wil see about starting the organinzing process. <p>cciccone@teleglobe.com<p>Take care,<br>Chris Ciccone
Old 07-23-1999, 12:00 PM
Josh I

Hey who sings that song... havn't heard in forever
Old 07-23-1999, 12:36 PM
Wayne H.

Have you tried contacting Sport Compact Car? They love looking at modifications.

Quick Reply: Has the great 'CHIP-off' or should I say 'Chip compair' happened yet?