A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

has NEone installed Mister-Jung.com's Hella HID kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not the 'like BMW' routine! 7k is ghetto IMO and BMW is 4,300k. The projector

system makes them look purple from certain angles but from straight on they are nice, clean 4,300k white.

Funny how these HID guys with no phone number, lots of ebay sales and shady marketing tactics (like the reference to BMW) even persuade buyers.

My advice, go with SPP, HIDs4less, Phoenix microlite etc. who sell good quality kits without the gazillion K marketing routine.

I dont want my lights to look like Barneys a$$..all purple etc.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Dude - give it a rest; the guy's selling genuine Hella kits and satisfying demand.

Face it, not everybody wants your pure white light.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:32 PM

Default Hella bulb? Not at those Kelvin grades. Fact is no good bulb manufacturer makes one over 6k.

Geniune Hella kit? No such thing. Your just a victim of the marketing so dont cry to me about it sucker. Hey, I got this bridge in Brooklyn, $5, you want it?

All joking aside though, its your money, do as you wish. But I know from personal ebay / HID experience you get what you pay for.

I dont sell HID kits, but Ive installed a bunch.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Rest In Peace

Default I meant Hella ballasts. I have halogen housings, and no other setups account for placement of the

bulb in the projector, which, if you know anything about optics, is paramount.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Hella bulb? Joe your mistaken!

I have had these installed in my car for about four months, they were easy to install, came as delivered, function as delivered. This forum is for all of us to share are experiences with our cars or buying items. I am no way affiliated with Mr Jung but I will verify the product. They actually look exactly like the new Zenon on the 02/03 Audis. If you have never installed this kit then you have no business commenting on it... I am sure you have lots of HIDs, but the original question was regaring Mr Jungs kits not some flimsy kit that you got burned on Ebay...

Time to chill....
Old 11-27-2002, 01:40 PM

Default Oh but I do know a thing about optics.

And the XenonTechnologies kit features a molded base which was designed in total to match the exact bulb placement as stock. As is the setup offered by autolights in the UK and Xenon Depot.

Did you honestly think this kit was the only one who paid attention to that?

But when you dig deep into HID upgrades in halogen systems the science is completely garbage because the light from the HID bulb vs. halogen is so different no bulb placement or shielding can even come close to the performance of a true HID projector.

The kit has two good points. Price and ballast choice. However I personally do not skimp on lighting or choice of brake pads for that matter for obvious safety reasons. Safety is paramount, cheap lighting I pass on.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:42 PM

Default Mistaken in what? Your telling me Hella make a 7k bulb. Im calling BS on that.

if you can prove otherwise it will be new to me they make it.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Mistaken in what? Your telling me Hella make a 7k bulb. Im calling BS on that.

I never said the bulb was Hella, read the posts!!

You need to chill
Old 11-27-2002, 01:46 PM

Default The kit WAS his kit, I did not buy it.

But, in all fairness, I have seen failed HID kits from Hids4less too.

Bottom line is, as you mentioned, this is a forum for sharing thoughts and experiences. Im not telling you not to buy it, but I can inform you that Hella do not make 7,000k bulbs right? ANd I can also give my advice that a Philips bulb and ballast setup is a better choice.

I can also point out its weird he has no number to call and that when installing one of the kits the bulb would not light up.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:47 PM

but what am I mistaken in then?

Quick Reply: has NEone installed Mister-Jung.com's Hella HID kit?