A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Having problems w/ AOA Who to call or email?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having problems w/ AOA Who to call or email?

Im having problems with Audi and their ability (or inability i should say) to take care of business. I hear all these stores about how Audi gives $ to compensate more then the $30/day for a rental. First of all, you cant rent a car for less then $30 a day (after taxes). Second, they expect me to ride in a hyundai from an audi for a week. Who can I call? Who makes good decisions at AOA past customer service?
Old 09-25-2002, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Better Business Bureau
Old 09-25-2002, 09:48 AM

Default If that's the least of your problems with AoA, consider yourself lucky

Nowhere in my purchase agreement does it say I'm entitled to a free rental for any reason at all. I consider it a bonus if I get one. Just my $0.02.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

buddy you got it made... you should hear the story i have...
Old 09-25-2002, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Actually dealer gets $26 to $30 a day for rental.

The BBB can't help get things improved for you in any meaningful timely fashion. A premium car like your car, is often $65 to $85 a day through most rental agencies.

Whom have you contacted ? What is wrong with your car ? Have you talked to the service manager ( not just the service writer ) and expressed your priorities ? Talked to the rental agency to get a slight upgrade at minimal cost to you ? A Hyundai Sonata V6 is actually not a bad car for a rental car.

Do you know that many BMW dealers provide the same treatment for their 3 series owners ?

Audi dealers often don't have same make loaners because the sales dept needs all the cars they can get for their sales quotas so they can get the same or more cars on the next allocation from AoA ( dealers get cars based on previous sales, and sales to the service dept don't count ). AoA takes all the cars they can get from Germany.

Another reason for regular rental cars is the amount of abuse the cars take, and the down time that can mean. Spilled food, dirty diapers, bumpers ripped off, wheels curbed, interior or exterior parts removed, and tires swapped for worn out ones. This shows up more with the entry level models owners - although I am not saying you are one of them. Easier for the dealer to hand the headache off to a rental agency. Some dealers who make enough money on the car sales side ( average about $2000 to $2500 per car ) can afford to implement loaners. If you go to a dealer who sells their cars for a lower margin, the resources aren't there.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:50 AM

Default Audi didn't force you to live far away from the dealer. you have no case. deal with it. also, I

can't believe that you're complaining about driving your Audi. Also, not all Audi dealers give loaners. You could be paying for the entire rental charges.

Didn't you think about the fact that the car would one day or many days for that matter have to go to the dealer?
Old 09-25-2002, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Not sure you're going to get much ear time. Not that I don't

sympathize with you, but Audi has bigger fish on it's plate. Servicing the car is a fact of life, although you may have had an unexpected glitch, it is a situation that was bound to arise.

In this case, it would most likely be the dealership who would have to bring the car back, not roadside.

If this person is still there, this is the place to start:

Audi of America/Client Relations
Attn: Ms. K. Fox
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI. 48326

Don't be rude, don't vent, just state your problem and request a resolution. If the problem involves a dealer then make sure you note the dealer name, location, and contact person.

Keep it short and to the point. The shorter and clearer the text the more rapid you will at least receive an initial response.

The fax number is 1-248-340-4660. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Actualy I was down at Classic.

the other day, They were talking about some guy from gainsville who has a problem with a aftermarket chip and a EPC light. They could not believe that someone would bitch so much to AOA when he has a non waranty issue. Is that you?