A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Hehehe beated a Porsche Boxster off the line making a left turn in the rain.....(long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hehehe beated a Porsche Boxster off the line making a left turn in the rain.....(long)

So last night it wasn't really downpouring but the roads were wet after raining (light) for the whole day yesterday here in the west suburbs of Chicago.

So here I was, on the right lane of 2 left turn lanes. I NEED to be in the right lane cuz after you make that left turn there is a ramp on the right going up the interstate within 5 car lengths. For you Chicagoland guys, I was on Warrenville Rd making a left turn to Route 53 and immediately go to the I-88 east bound ramp. So naturally there were a bunch of cars waiting on the right lane of those 2 left turn lanes and light on the left lane of those 2 left turn lanes, and people LIKE to sneak up on the left lane, full throttle, make that left turn, and cut right in front of the guys in the right lane and make that ramp on the right.

So I was the first car of the right lane. And here came our Boxster pulling up on the left lane. When the lights on the other side were changing color, I noticed he let go of the brakes a little and I knew he's trying to sneak up on me. Cool, let me show this guy how Quattro works. We got the green, and as I predicted he launched. Of course I launched too and I was amazed he didn't get wheel spin on the wet pavement. ANyhow we made that turn FAST and remember he's on the inside of the curve so he got slightly less distance to cover. Yet we were right next to each other when this stupid guy thought he won like he usually did and maybe didn't bother to check his right side and tried to cut into my lane and make that ramp on the right. Nah nah nah, you didn't win this time, stupid. I meshed the horn, slowed down, and let everybody behind us saw that an AUDI A4 1.8T WON AND A RED BOXSTER LOST. I was like, yeah baby, QUATTRO ROCKS!!!

And you thought that's it. Nope. So he embarrassingly pulled behind me, we got up to the ramp and into the interstate. Totally red in his face like the color of his Boxster (I guess, it's nitetime so I can't see his face LOL), he cut across 3 lanes into the left lane. I turned my head to my gf, and said, "Honey, want to see me spank the Boxster the 2nd time?" So I downshifted, pulled in front of the light traffic, and pulled into the left lane and got in front of the Boxster with about 3 car lengths to spare. Man, he's pissed off completely. He got really close behind me, trying to pass on the right, and I made sure I pulled right next to this Jeep in the middle lane and stayed at the same speed. Hehe I forced him to cut all the way back to the right lane and passed on the right.

I couldn't keep that grin away from my face for at least half an hour :>

QUATTRO ROCKS, BABY!! Don't leave home without it!!
Old 12-01-2001, 07:36 AM

Default so an AWD car just kept up with a RWD car in the rain?

says a lot more about the Porsche than about the Audi
Old 12-01-2001, 07:39 AM

Yah, you sure showed him
Old 12-01-2001, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

it wasn't raining, just wet out...
Old 12-01-2001, 07:40 AM

Default ok - whats the diff? a RWD car was side by side with a Q in WET conditions

once again - shows the Porsche in a better light than the Audi
Old 12-01-2001, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I was on the right lane, so the distance needed to be covered was longer.....

plus I didn't launch as fast as him.....he knew he would do it, I was predicting he would do it, of course I got a penalty for mental delay time.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Remember he got the motive to pass me.....i was just preventing him to get into the ramp ahead of me

and I'm completely stock.....so if he didn't get wheel spin when he launched, he got more power than me.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

you go! ehehe good driving
Old 12-01-2001, 07:55 AM

ha ha!
Old 12-01-2001, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don't get a Boxster Ken, hehe

Quick Reply: Hehehe beated a Porsche Boxster off the line making a left turn in the rain.....(long)