A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Hella Supertones...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-1999, 06:16 AM
stevebrown

Default Hella Supertones...

Ok...had these things on the workbench in the box for a week now.<p>I only saw one post from someone who actually has installed these in the archives (Paul G, i think).<p>Anyone else out there? I have several questions that unless I get answers to, I am going to be flying blind this weekend to get 'em installed!<p>1. Where? Not a whole lotta room around in there! I plan using the switch to alternate between stock & Hella horns. Didja make a custom bracket...? I think this is gonna be necessary.<p>2. What gauge wiring? The instructions have no recommended gauges for any of the wiring! I figure 16-18 for the switch will be ok, but I dunno 'bout the battery to horn runs. If nobody knows, I'll poke around & try to use whatever Audi used for the stock ones.<p>3. What direction to aim them? I will probably again follow Audi's lead & aim them like stock unless someone knows better.<p>4. (should be first!) How easy is it to get at the stock wiring on the stock horns...and especially to get at the stock relay wiring for the horns? If it is too difficult, can I tap into the stock horn power wire to feed the Hella relay? This way, both sets of horns would blare simultaneously (unless I disconnect the stock horns). Any problems with that?<p>TIA,<br>steve