A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Help with 3M Hand Glaze - detailing my A4

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2000, 12:14 PM
Wayne H.

Default Help with 3M Hand Glaze - detailing my A4

I am trying to remove some swirl marks and a large scuff on my front bumper. I've heard good things about the 3M Hand Glaze.

Does anyone have the part number for the 3M Hand Glaze?

Secondly, does anyone know the difference between the 3M Hand Glaze and the 3M Perfect-it Paste Wax? The Perfect-It is what the Audi TSB recommends for removing scuffs.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne H.
99 1.8TQMS
Old 02-07-2000, 12:41 PM
Andy Hedin

Default Some help.....

I'm familiar with VW's TSB for the 3M Perfect-It Paste Wax but I'm not familiar with that 3M product. I looked on Car Care Specialties website (that's where I purchased my 3M Imperial Hand Glaze) and they have the following 3M products which would fit the bill:

<a href="http://www.carcareonline.com/imp_hand_glaze_1010x.html">3M Imperial Hand Glaze</a>
A fine hand buffing liquid with high filling characteristics to clean, polish and renew paint prior to waxing. Removes oxidized pigments, acid rain marks, fine scratches and swirl marks. Can be used as a carrier for P21S Metal Polish to polish out deeper scratches. Does not contain silicone and is formulated to work on all colors. Use at least twice a year (spring/fall) to refresh the paint and follow immediately with a coat of quality wax. (Our favorite glaze to remove swirl marks!)

<a href="http://www.carcareonline.com/hand_glaze_10110.html">3M Perfect-It Hand Glaze</a>
A durable, non-silicone hand glaze and final clean up created to refine and fill swirl marks after machine glazing new paint jobs. Produces a high gloss durable finish that will last through a few car washes. Works well on fresh clear and color coat paints. Many new paint jobs should not be immediately waxed.

So I'm not going to recommend one over the other. I've had great results with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze as a step between using a clay bar and the final wax. For scuffs on your bumper, hit them with the hand glaze and follow up with a wax....my favorite is One Grand Blitz Wax.

HTH,

Andy Hedin
'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Garrett, Abt, Borla, Euro Lights
Old 02-07-2000, 12:49 PM
Turbo

Andy... you are one of the best, no BS sources of info on this forum... thanks.