A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

HELP - AUDI ASSURED HELL

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - AUDI ASSURED HELL

Bought an Audi Assured 98 A4 2.8 Q from New Country Audi in Greenwich Conn. After repeated problems with car, New Country admitted they never did initial Audi Assured Program inspection. Car was supposedly inspected for Audi Assured Program by said Dealer following this admission of not completing the original Assurance. Two months later I had major engine issues - new hoses, valve seals, air intake, and AC fan are all needed. A letter has been written to Audi of America with no response in nearly 4 months. Has anyone had any problems with New Country Audi in Connecticut? Has anyone ever gotten a response from Audi when having similar problems with a dealer? Help!
Old 04-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Rest In Peace

Default You paid extra and signed an agreement to obtain the Audi Assured when you bought it.

It's a binding agreement. The dealership, if not AOA, has to honor it.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Default Re: You paid extra and signed an agreement to obtain the Audi Assured when you bought it.

I want my money back
Old 04-25-2002, 06:10 PM

Get a lawyer, man.... really
Old 04-25-2002, 06:12 PM

I would like to give Audi of America a chance to make good on this
Old 04-25-2002, 06:16 PM

Fair enough... but don't hesitate to get an attorney involved if they give you any static.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Fair enough... but don't hesitate to get an attorney involved if they give you any static.

In this case, is it better to go directly to AOA or the dealership?
Old 04-25-2002, 06:28 PM

Default this is my car. My brother is A4Cap.

I think I am getting the run-around because I am a women. After months of questioning, complaining and paying, a new service rep. helped me out. I think he was fired because I haven't seen him lately. By the way, the salesman and his boss were fired a few months after I bought the car.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just call AoA, dont wait for a response
Old 04-25-2002, 08:34 PM

Default Get AoA involved. Let them know you expect them to behave like a 1st class company...

and--hopefully--they will. People tend to meet high expectations if given a chance.

Part of the reason I bought my A4, and from the dealer I did, was that when I was car shopping I ran into an old friend there. She had her '97 A4 in for service. She had originally bought it from another dealer. They gave her lousy service and advice and, long story short, her engine blew while she was on a road trip. AoA completely stood behind their product, covered all her expenses, and impressed her with their professionalism. She changed dealerships for service and at the new place felt she was taken care of very well...including some not-quite-within-warranty work. (This dealership is in the midwest or I'd refer you to them!) She continued to love her A4 and was very enthusiastic about this dealer.

It sounds like your dealership, or someone there, has been doing something fishy. And that happens, remember 'Fargo'?

You sound like a mature and reasonable person. I really think that if you go to AoA and politely and firmly let them know that you expect the terms of the Assured contract be lived up to, you will be taken care of.

Please let us know what happens!

Best wishes,

Alan

Quick Reply: HELP - AUDI ASSURED HELL