A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

HELP! Locked my car w/ windows open on a REALLY windy day and a cat in my car and my ALARM went off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELP! Locked my car w/ windows open on a REALLY windy day and a cat in my car and my ALARM went off!
Old 05-04-2001, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah, i think its the pressure sensative seat backs.. or maybe the cat hit the "set off alarm button
Old 05-04-2001, 11:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

FOR SALE: Slightly used cat. Can press buttons well.
Old 05-05-2001, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The factory alarm has an air pressure sensitive piezo located in one of the "B" pillars (m)

that goes off pretty easily with motion in the car. Heck, I've had mine go off with the windows down and nothing in the car; the change in air pressure from wind moving through set it off. If you look down near the bottom of the B pillar on the driver's side (behind the seat) you'll see a button that you can push to disable that portion of the alarm {for that lock/unlock cycle only}. If you leave your (cat?) in the car on a regular basis, I'd use this defeat feature to save everyone (including yourself) the agony of a repeating car alarm.

Or did you know all of this already? You aren't the most "serious" poster on the board, after all .

B
Old 05-05-2001, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default caught red handed.

Actually, I noticed that the now daily "Alarm went off, but I don't know why!" post hadn't been posted today.

gotta fill a quota or the clowns come out and eat you. And you know how I feel about being eaten by clowns.

you *do* see the clowns....don't....you...?

sorry...extremely bored @ 4:10AM.
Old 05-05-2001, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey, jerk:

Why you gotta be talkin' bout clowns right before I go to bed? I'm gonna have fargin nightmares now. Only two things scare me, and one of them is clowns.

"What's the other thing?"
"What?"
"The other thing that scares you?"
"Carnies. You know, circus folk. Small hands. Smell like cabbage."

The name of the movie?

B
Old 05-05-2001, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh come on...eeeeeasy.

Austin Powers. Gimme a break.

Now my turn:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Old 05-05-2001, 12:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default just think about sheep jumping over a fence to an audi.... becuase....

click!<ul><li><a href="http://subtle.org/se/pictures/misc/audi/audisheep.gif">sheep love satorian</a></li></ul>
Old 05-05-2001, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh, that's easy, it's me to my friend Leigh on our drive from L.A. to Vegas! :)

We drove to Vegas when I went to visit my friend in L.A. and he kept using the word "banal." I was finally like: "Do you even know WTF that means? 'Cus I bet you don't." Well, he didn't, and we had a good laugh at that.

But I don't know what that quote is. In fact, it doesn't even ring a bell. So what is it? I think a great thread for one of "those" nights when everyone is looking for trouble would be a guess the quote thread. Not tonight, though. Too late.

"Because it's too late, tonight, to drag the past out into the night..." --Song quote!

B
Old 05-05-2001, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default man...that cracks me up.

sheep r funny. haw.

Quick Reply: HELP! Locked my car w/ windows open on a REALLY windy day and a cat in my car and my ALARM went off!