A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Help my decision - If you have a Silver A4, what interior/colors do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-1999, 08:46 AM
Ricks,

Default My personal belief is that all German cars should be Silver/black thus mine has Onyx.

,<br>
Old 07-14-1999, 08:54 AM
PhilJ

Opal grey leather in a 2.8 looks very classy, esp. with the wood trim
Old 07-14-1999, 08:58 AM
David

Default Ditto to: My personal belief is that all German cars should be Silver/black thus mine has Onyx.

nt<br>
Old 07-14-1999, 09:07 AM
HJohn

Default Onyx leatherette. Very pleased. However.....

I wish the aluminum trim contrasted more with the black (a bright brushed aluminum finish). Would also like brushed aluminum trim where 2.8's have wood. Haven't heard anyone has been particularly satisfied with the aftermarket products, so I might not do it. If it's not going to look just right, it's not worth doing.<p>John<br>99.5 1.8tqms
Old 07-14-1999, 09:27 AM
Rhema

Re: One thing i don't like about my onyx interior is that dust, dirt, and scuff marks show up easily
Old 07-14-1999, 09:41 AM
Roger B

Was a little unsure about my Ecru/Onyx interior, but I really like it now.
Old 07-14-1999, 09:48 AM
Tom

I have 97 Anthracite (black) interior. For 2000, I will choose Ecru/Oynx as the best atmosphere for Light Silver...
Old 07-14-1999, 09:54 AM
StephenM

Default Re: I'm considering Clay/Ecru - 99.5 = Ecru/Cabernet/Clay; '00 = Ecru/Clay same as 99.5 Ecru/Cabernet/Clay. See 2000 Audi Ordering Guide for confirmation. BTW; ...(more)

<br>I think Silver with Ecru/Cabernet/Clay looks great!
Old 07-14-1999, 10:19 AM
CFS

Default Something different: Ecru/DARK blue! (One of a kind?)

Ordered silver with ecru/onyx enterior. Received <br>interior with ecru and what looked like onyx at first glance, but in the daylight it's obvious that<br>it is a very dark blue, almost a gun-metal or<br>midnight blue that I like much more than the plain<br>black onyx. This is nothing like the standard ecru<br>and blue interior. I've visited dealers to look at<br>both combinations (ecru/onyx and ecru/blue) very<br>carefully. It's definitely different, but it matches throughout the interior (except for the extra floor mats, which are more of a dark blue-gray, and, of course, the ecru trim). I even noted<br>all this on the forum months ago, but no one responded with the same interior, either. The A4 <br>was completed in February, one of the first 99.5 models. Maybe it was a test "mule" for the color?<br>Check your ecru/onyx outside in sunlight. See if <br>the "onyx" matches the obvious black trim (dash plate around radio, shifter, etc., shift boot, plates around door lock buttons, center of steering wheel, etc.). There is a match in all the other ecru/onyx interiors I've seen. P.S.- It definitely <br>is not even close to the bright blue in the ecru/blue int.<br>99.5 1.8t QMS<br>
Old 07-14-1999, 11:56 AM
Paul H. (in MD)

Default Nope. The dash and door panels in my '98.5 are all dark blue (more)

In fact, the Pearl white paint on my car makes a very nice match with the beige color of the Ecru and the aforementioned dark blue. This is one of the reasons I got this interior - the dark blue.<p>One drawback - the infamous scuff marks on the lower door panels. I guess I'll have to go see if I can find some dark blue shoe polish to hide them because the black solution for the onyx folks is definitely not going to work...<p>Paul<br>'98.5 A4 1.8TQ in Pearl with Ecru/Ambiente interior

Quick Reply: Help my decision - If you have a Silver A4, what interior/colors do you have?