A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

hmmm.. who is in the wrong ? (longish)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hmmm.. who is in the wrong ? (longish)

I was in a crowded parking lot today. My friend and I saw a guy walking to his car so we asked him if we could follow him for his spot. He says sure. We follow him and as he's backing out my friend gets out to hold the space. As I tried to turn in, another car tried at the same time. He was trying to tell my friend to move, and I couldn't get my car in.

Another spot opened up and the guy threw his car in reverse and floored off. He took the spot and got out of the car. He was wearing an Audi tech shirt, and was in a company car. I said "sorry bout the space but we arranged with that guy to have it." He said " yeah whatever..." I asked him " You work at the (blank) audi dealership don't you" he said "yeah that's their company car isn't it"... i said " oh yeah i noticed... just wondering."

Do you think since I was driving an Audi and a customer of his dealership he would be a bit more respectful? And was it okay to have my friend hold the spot while i pulled in so no one else could get it ?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

you know what, that's use of manpower, if you ask me. He should pay mind to the first car
Old 12-02-2005, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default furthermore, thanks for showing that ***** you're aware of who he's with. If you are a car dealer...

and you employ a$$hole drivers, that speaks poorly for your company. If they drive with that little patience in the company's property, what the hell are they doing to customers' property?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No clear high road, IMO.

On the one hand, it is kind of a cheap move to get your friend to hold a spot for you by standing there, but I might just be used to a post-apocalyptic parking environment, where there are 100 more cars that paid for a permit than there are spaces.
How would he know you were a customer at his Audi dealer? Was this their parking lot? IDK, if it was a random Audi meeting somewheres, I wouldn't expect him to defer to you for having an Audi. At the dealership it's a whole 'nother story.
It's pretty much expected for company cars to get the **** beaten out of them, in my limited experience.

Regardless of the other circumstances, that guy was a dick. Trying to get someone standing in a space to move by closing in on them is a dirty cheap move, and it's not like you were breaking the law or anything. You were saving yourself a parking space.

Maybe we're all over-analyzing this. But bottom line is, he was a douche, you have no reason to be ashamed, and the Audi dealer doesn't expect their company car to be in pristine condition after an employee is through with it.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Who's "we" white man?