A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

holy crap...I almost got killed by some guy being chased by the police

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holy crap...I almost got killed by some guy being chased by the police

this kind of thing never happens around here, and it almost ended my life.

For locals, Taconic Parkway heading South right before it turns back to 3 lanes. A white prelude blows by me and almost tears off my mirror (I'm in the right lane about to exit), next thing I know a rav 4 or similar small truck thing cuts me off and exits the highway with a cop with full lights and sirens right behind him. By that time I was hard on the brakes otherwise I would have been creamed by the cop. The exit ramp goes into a residential area and then into a business area which is a main road in the town with plenty of cars at this time. I can only hope that they didn't hit anyone, but that rav 4 thing was not stopping unless he hit something.

I guess the Rav 4 and the prelude were ****ing around or involved somehow and the cop was chasing them down.

I though about getting back on the highway and catching up to the prelude to get his plates, but I decided to stay out of it and call the cops.

****ing psychos.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You're not leaving out the part with you leading them on a race are you. :-)
Old 05-09-2003, 07:45 PM

Default no, definitley not

I was completely out of it as it was...pounding headache, my eyes were killing me, I just wanted to get home and rest.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:51 PM

Default scary car situation happened to me once also

im glad your are ok.

my incident was down right chilling

we (me and 2 friends) were driving home from somewhere.
road was a one lane road
opposing traffic one lane also
driving about 25mph
at about 200-300 ft away from us on opposing traffic we see police lights speeding down the road
all of a sudden cuts out from opposing traffic a trans am t-top heading head on out as at a very fast speed
he see's us and cuts the wheel to the left and loses control and goes into a swideways slide still heading straight at us at a high speed
my friend that was driving cuts to the right and parks behind what we thought were just some shrubs on someones front lawn
nowhere to give and the transam is coming sideways at us at what seems to be about 100mph
i close my eyes and prepare to die
i hear a huge crash and figure i must be dead now
open my yes and the trans am is bent in half right in front of the nose of our car
open the doors and see a huge utility pole that was right in front of us
in the panic my friend (the driver)just reacted by moving off the road but said he had no clue either that the pole was there
that pole saved our lives
the transam wrapped around that pole and stopped about 1/2 foot from the nose of the car i was in
Old 05-10-2003, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Damn man

I've had that happen to me on I-70 up near Vail, one of those new Maserati(sp?) spiders blew by me, I was doin 80, and a cop then blew by me chasing him.... Intense..