A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How can you stand to drive a 10 second 0-60 car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-1999, 07:42 AM
markbradford

me6
Old 12-01-1999, 10:16 AM
adc

Default I just hope it doesn't rain when you race against an A4 "quadro" next time :).

I'm not really into this, I'm just teasing him, see what stupid little post he comes up with next!

adc
Old 12-01-1999, 10:45 AM
Lawrence L.

Default C'mon guys, we're being pissed off by a 10 year old (more)

who simply thinks that because of the faster accel numbers and the look of the GS400, that it is better than any other car he has ever seen. Simply judging from his writing/grammer, Pita is:

10-15 years of age
Indian (east asian)

Quadro? a dumb**** that takes his GS400 to the track? give me a f*cking break! and the just gun it and then go? sure but with the tiptronic shift and the tiptronic clone on the GS400, it matters where you shift (torque peaks. etc) and 'I just raced my friend's stock A4? BULL****? why only mention it after how long?

If he was really a GS400 owner, he wouldn't waste his time doing this ****. **** OFF KID!
Old 12-01-1999, 11:18 AM
me

Hmmm, fair matchup. ****mobile against one of the nicest pices of machinery around....
Old 12-01-1999, 12:12 PM
Dave

Default What the #@&*!!!

All of this bickering makes me feel like I'm back on the Super Honda site before my acura got stolen and replaced with an a4. Everyone keeps talking about GS400's and A4's and S4's etc. They're all great cars. The GS400 kicks some serious *** for the type of car that it is. The A4 & S4 also kick *** for the type of car they are.

Point is enjoy what YOU drive. Don't **** and moan over what everyone else drives, be it out of jealousy, hatred, or ignorance.

Personally I've had all sorts of Japanese cars and this my first German car. I've been impressed with ALL of them in their own way.

Just my 2 cents. I'm really not trying to come across like a preacher, sorry if I do. I enjoy what Japanese and German cars do to each other in the performance market. The make each other raise the bar just a little bit further and that works out for our enjoyment. Just think the GS400 is in response to the success of the 540i and the Z3 is in response to the success of the miata.

Why start **** like this?

-Dave
Old 12-01-1999, 01:44 PM
pita

hell yeah... I win
Old 12-01-1999, 02:44 PM
TomG

Default Pita.....you're a real sack, but you really esposed some people here...

There IS NO DRAGSTRIP in Long Beach, CA....I have lived here for years....
but I can't remember having so much fun as reading all the comments you brought about. Thanks for the fun! Some of the Audi owners here are even worse than you!
Old 12-01-1999, 06:08 PM
danji

I suppose you think an intake&exhaust give you 50HP? Rich rice boy...
Old 12-01-1999, 06:55 PM
pita

Actually, the intake and exhaust are good for 25-30...
Old 12-01-1999, 07:40 PM
Sorry I fed the Troll

Default How I can stand to drive a 10 second 0-60 car:

I realize that str8 line acceleration isn't everything. What good is a 10 1/4 mile time when you drive residential roads 85% of the time? Even at low legal speeds you can enjoy a competent cars handling. Some cars feel incredibly dynamic at any speed and will put a smile on your face standing still. The name of the game is finesse and an earnest appreciation for engineering no matter what rock it came from.

Let's see, Previa. Oops. Just had a bowel movement. Sounds about the right reaction.

Quick Reply: How can you stand to drive a 10 second 0-60 car?