A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

how do i remove the side panels in the trunk area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i remove the side panels in the trunk area?

i am dynamating the trunk and cant figure it out, i have evrything removed with the exception of the side panels, i know you need a 27torx bit.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you have to remove the philips screws on the plastic piece against the back of the trunk, then...

remove the clips holding the tail light covers on, they will unscrew if you turn them.Inside the rear seating area of the car, remove the lower part of the back seat, it just pulls straight up at the two ends closest to the outside.

Then flip forward both parts of the 60/40 split seats. In between the two parts there is a Torx bolt you have to remove. this enables you to remove the little bracket that holds the two seat pieces in place.

now you can remove the seat backs by lifting them from the centre, one at a time, and then removing them from the outer locating pin.

Remove the side trim piece( between the seat and the door) by first bending the small metal tab right at the bottom of the little piece, where it would meet up with the seat bottom.

There is one screw hidden that you will need to get to to finish removing those side pieces.
This screw is about half way up the cushioned piece, around the same area as the pin switch that turns the dome light on when the rear doors are open. this screw faces outwards, and you'll have to pry the cushioned piece away from the wheel well in order to get the philips screw driver in there. you don't need to completely remove the screw.

Remove the black oval plastic piece that covers the latch that the seat backs engage when you close them. That is it, it should now come out!

Hope this helps, I just did this a few days ago and had some troubles figuring it out!

Sergio
Old 09-17-2003, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write-up.