A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How hard is it to exend O2 sensor lines?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you know a good exhaust shop...

I'd choose option number 2. Cheaper and will flow more. The only downside might be the loudness of the magnaflow. Anyone know how it sounds on our cars?
Old 10-29-2002, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks, so i could put in 2 simulators, and then just not bother extending the lines?

i really do want to run a cat for environmental purposes...but id love to guarantee no CELs with a simulator, and id figure a cat repositioned aft the DP would trigger em...

Thanks for the tips, i take it AMS is local?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 10-29-2002, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I believe Pictureboy's current exhaust is a 2.5" Magnaflow setup.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya...figures...what are good things to look for in a shop?

Chad used a place, if you recall, to do some welding with his cats and a supersprint...ill get that # and give them a call.

Id have no problem driving a couple hours to a place in Indianapolis, etc, if i could find quality work...

I figure as you suggested, if i have to talk them into doing it, its not worth it.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 10-29-2002, 11:58 AM

Default A cat after the downpipe would not trigger anything....

all the computer needs is a signal saying what it needs to say, as long as the cat is functioning correctly it will send the correct signal. And you only need one simulator, to go where the 2nd sensor would be, the first sensor sends the "pre-cat" signal, to put it in the easiest terms. Yeah AMS is in Arlington Heights. if you are familiar with the area, just off of Oakton, right after the Higgins/Oakton split, and right before you hit 83.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:00 PM

Default Im sorry I didnt mean to scare you off, but this time I do....

I think Adams last official run was like 10.70 or something!?! theres a vid on the site of it going 10.90 www.automotosports.com<ul><li><a href="http://www.automotosports.com">http://www.automotosports.com</a</li></ul>
Old 10-29-2002, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I figured the aft located cat would heat slower, so the CEL would trigger...

since cat would not warm up in time.

So i don't need to worry about the 1st O2, just the 2nd? This is neat, i might try that Forced Motion stuff..

Now you would really make my day if you know an excellent custom exhaust shop with mandrel bender?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 10-29-2002, 12:09 PM

Default As far as the exhaust shop goes....

AMS has pre-bent piping of all the sizes that they weld into their own exhaust systems, they have a guy that comes in specifically for welding jobs that is AWESOME, and they may be able to make it fit. I actually had one guy there named Adam(happens to be the head mechanic and a personal buddy) check out the possibilities of a 3" system on my car and he said it would definitely work. Keep in mind that AMS is 95% aftermarket stuff, and they build race cars, so they are into this kind of stuff. But if you go with a cat-less system they will only make it for you they wont do the final install, obviously because of legalities. I know they are very busy, but I can give them a call, and find out if/when they would have time to do it. And give them a heads up on the project/tell them your my buddy n'stuff. Just let me know! For the time being you can check out some of the stuff on their site(which my other friend happens to currently be updating, incase of any glitches or problems) at www.automotosports.com<ul><li><a href="http://www.automotosports.com">http://www.automotosports.com</a</li></ul>
Old 10-29-2002, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default damn... perfect, i owe you a beer!

What id likely do is get the premade DP/HFC and then have them make me an exhaust from the DP back with a resonator and muffler. I figure the DP might be a pain for them to make, or very expensive if its a custom job.

Id love a referral from you, please let me know what's needed.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 10-29-2002, 12:17 PM

Default Well, come March 7th ill take you up on that beer, but for now....

the DP-back exhaust would be simple for them, and they could use any muffler you choose. Just let me know whenever you are interested. I dont currently have a cell phone, it should be back in a couple of days, but for now just hit me up at a4saloon@yahoo.com. And let me know if you would like to schedule an appointment, I can even be there to help you out and smooth things over when/if this goes down! Just let me know!

Quick Reply: How hard is it to exend O2 sensor lines?