A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How many of you have had an A4 order messed up????

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-1999, 05:29 PM
Brad

Default How many of you have had an A4 order messed up????

Old 08-01-1999, 05:46 PM
Henry Thomas

Default Re: How many of you have had an A4 order messed up????

You can ORDER an Audi??
Old 08-01-1999, 06:20 PM
Steve S.

Default Earth to Henry...come in Henry....

Somehow by your question I can tell you are new to this forum....YES, to be honest, probably 50% of the people that visit and post on this forum...ORDERED their cars. Talk to your dealer if this is what you want...it will probably take 3-4 months minimum..and if you have delays or something like an Avant with a tiptronic transmission, you may be in for a 7-8 month wait. Alot of people are consider "WAITERS"...people with cars on order...suffering through the wait until their cars come in from Ingolstadt.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
(I got mine off the lot)
Old 08-01-1999, 06:24 PM
Carlos

Default Dealer messed up my order and now I have to reorder the damn thing. (more)

and wait till November. Audi should have some sort of confirmation of what gets sent to Germany before it's to late
Old 08-01-1999, 06:29 PM
Henry Thomas

Default Re: Earth to Henry...come in Henry....

Well the reason I am confused is that my dealer said that I could NOT order an Audi.

Many people think that you can order a Volkswagen, but you cannot.

When do you get your VIN? If you order an Audi and it's a 2000 model, can you order the stuff that's new, like a navigation system?

Do you put a big chunk of money down and just wait for the car? How does it work?
Old 08-01-1999, 06:34 PM
Mark

Default $500 down.

nt
Old 08-01-1999, 06:41 PM
boxster

Yes, you can order the new options (nav. system, xenons, Sideguard air bags, etc.) Plus, on the 2000 model, the trip computer and an in-dash CD are now standard.

I placed an order for a 2000 A4 last week, and luckily, it was one already allocated to the dealer, so it's supposed to be here early September. Otherwise, you're probably in for at least a three-month wait.

In my opinion, it's worth the wait to get exactly what you want when you spend this kind of cash!
Old 08-02-1999, 02:12 AM
Heinrich

Agreed!! I'm just pissed that the dealer lied to me.
Old 08-02-1999, 07:47 AM
boxster

Default Yeah, I know....(more)

Unfortunately, that appears to be a fact of life.

The first dealer we went to claimed that they sell every new-model A4 at full sticker for at least a few months after it comes out. He wanted to sell us an in-stock 99.5 instead of ordering a 2000. So, we ordered an 2000 at another dealer for less than he wanted for the 99.5!
Old 08-02-1999, 08:04 AM
Henry Thomas

Default Re: Yeah, I know....(more)

Well, they want $1200 over invoice for a 99.5, which is nice, but $2000 over for ordering a 2000. Grumble. I will go to another dealer.

Anyone know what site has 2000 invoice pricing?

What is a Xenon? Are those fancy headlights? And what is the "remote transmitter" for??

Quick Reply: How many of you have had an A4 order messed up????