A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How to transfer fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to transfer fog lights

Is there a write-up on how to move the fogs to the lower area of the spoiler out of the headlamp? Is there a good source for the grills to put there?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A little more information might be helpful or pictures of what your speaking of.

Jason
Old 10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
A little more information might be helpful or pictures of what your speaking of.

Jason
OK SO NEW AUDIS HAVE THEIR FOG LIGHTS LOCATED IN THE LOWER AIRDAM. OLDER ONES HAVE THEM IN THE HEADLIGHTS. GET IT? HAS ANYONE EVER DONE THIS MOVE OR AM I THE FIRST TO SUGGEST A CRAZY IDEA LIKE THIS HAVING FOG LIGHTS IN YOUR AIR DAM?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jason
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150664041222...84.m1423.l2649
So these fit in the lower air dam of the older A4's so you can move your fog lights out of the headlight. As this is something I am the only person on the planet has discovered I am sharing this with the world.Enjoy..... Took a litlle searching as I guess this is a mod that people from the US are not interested in doing. I will do a write up after I put these in since no one has done this before.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ReidSFX
OK SO NEW AUDIS HAVE THEIR FOG LIGHTS LOCATED IN THE LOWER AIRDAM. OLDER ONES HAVE THEM IN THE HEADLIGHTS. GET IT? HAS ANYONE EVER DONE THIS MOVE OR AM I THE FIRST TO SUGGEST A CRAZY IDEA LIKE THIS HAVING FOG LIGHTS IN YOUR AIR DAM?
MOST PEOPLE DON'T INSTALL ADDITIONAL LIGHTING, BUT THOSE WHO DO TEND TO INSTALL ADDITIONAL LIGHTS RATHER THAN MOVING THE LIGHTS.

Can you hear me ok?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
MOST PEOPLE DON'T INSTALL ADDITIONAL LIGHTING, BUT THOSE WHO DO TEND TO INSTALL ADDITIONAL LIGHTS RATHER THAN MOVING THE LIGHTS.

Can you hear me ok?
So the fog light switch on the dsah is only allowed to control the bulbs in the headlights and never allowed to control actual fog lamps? Seems crazy but hey if thats the law then thats the law. Never mind.....
Old 10-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4Driver4

Can you hear me ok?
Do not want to install additional just move existing....
Old 10-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

I'm pretty sure older model B5's do not have fogs in the head lights. Its mostly low or high beam.

Facelift models got fogs in the lower air dams (99.5 and up)

You can install the facelift fog lights on non face lift models though. Custom wiring would need to be done as well since older cars weren't equipt with this option

Jason
Old 10-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm pretty sure older model B5's do not have fogs in the head lights. Its mostly low or high beam.

Facelift models got fogs in the lower air dams (99.5 and up)

You can install the facelift fog lights on non face lift models though. Custom wiring would need to be done as well since older cars weren't equipt with this option

Jason
I can assure you they are in my headlights. There is a switch on the dash as well as wires that run to that bulb already. Should be a matter of splicing into those wires and running them to the new lamps in the airdam. Thanks though.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

I would be intersted in seeing pictures of these so called fog lights in the head lights.

Jason

Quick Reply: How to transfer fog lights