A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I am Indian and very very sad to see the reaction of Americans in this country.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am Indian and very very sad to see the reaction of Americans in this country.

I am scared to go anywhere.
I got called a "****ing killer" on Friday.
Driving to work this morning a guy gave me the finger for absoloutely nothing.
I have to travel in a week for work and this scares the **** out of me. Not the fact that the plane might crash but actually the fact that I am Indian and am a target of some sort.
I wish people here in America would realise who the actual problem people are.
Patriotism does not mean revenge especially revenge against innocent people.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I am Indian and very very sad to see the reaction of Americans in this country.

Hang in there, man. What you're seeing is the reaction of people who are frightened. Impotent fright is often expressed as anger. That doesn't excuse what those people are doing to you - they represent the worst of human nature in a crisis. There are a lot of us who understand that there are basically two kinds of people - decent and indecent. For what it's worth.
K
Old 09-17-2001, 08:29 AM

Default That is not the general consent though...

I understand that it probably is tough...and those people that called you a killer are just ignorant *******s. But they are a few bad apples. Unfortunately those are the ones that people will remember, not the hundred who didn't give a second glance (except to admire the beauty of german automobile )...
Old 09-17-2001, 08:31 AM
Elder Member

Default My friend at work is Indian and if anyone gives him a hard time

Im going to beat their ignorant ***...

Its uncalled for, people at this point are just being ignorant....
Old 09-17-2001, 08:31 AM
Elder Member

Default I apologize, for the ignorance of people in this country...

Most of us are good people, but there are a few that think they can direct their hatred at one race, and that it makes them better people. Its sad, and it really pisses me off, b/c you should not be living in fear. And, you should not feel threatened by me if you ever see me (I'm white).

I went out with my friend who is indian, and his wife, Thursday night. I think we got a couple of weird looks, but all was OK. They are "Americanized", in other words, they do not wear traditional Indian clothing, at least here in the US they don't.

I guess all I can say is, try to avoid wearing Traditional Indian clothing if you aren't already. Its not fair, and you have the right to do whatever you want, but that is my recommentation to you for your safety. Be as safe as possible, and remember that these people that direct their hate at you are no better than the terrorists themselves.

I am truly sorry, and one more thing: If I catch anyone doing **** like that to anyone, and I'm not outnumbered by weapons or numbers of their friends, they are in for a serious assbeating

Be safe..
Old 09-17-2001, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Give em the finger back..

Thats ****ed up. Some people are just to immature to realize innocent people are not the problem and thier only making things worse on everyone. Dont take it shorki - Your a good guy in my book
Old 09-17-2001, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

sorry to hear that Shorki.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:37 AM

Default I love you guys.

you complete me
(I am as American as you can get)
Even have an American G/F
Old 09-17-2001, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Unfortunately Shorki, its a burden we have to bear with dignity...

and wait for the less intelligent to get it out of their system. Its a sad but true aspect of human nature. People are fuming, and we are a target. Few people understand the region and can differentiate between Indians/Pakistani/Afgan, etc...

But try to be understanding (i know its rough). Every time i get called a sand ****** i want to kill and then hide behind my shield, but i just try to let the anger wash over me and pass.

Myself, im trying not to go anywhere at night alone, and making damn sure not to grow any facial hair.

So far in Chicago, no real incidents yet. But let me say if my enduring the occasional racial epitath is the price we pay for the average man to care about world terrorism, its a price ill pay.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2001, 08:39 AM

Uh-oh...better watch the girl...She isn't making you spend you mod fund on her..is she?