A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I can't believe it. My dealer (McDonald in CO) gave me a Toyota Camry instead of an Audi yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-1999, 12:36 PM
EriqC

Default I can't believe it. My dealer (McDonald in CO) gave me a Toyota Camry instead of an Audi yesterday!

They told me they ran out of Audi A6 and 4's to loan out.

Whew, I HATE those Camary's! Even my service tech at McDonald Audi told me that driving "this" rental car will make me appreciate what I have, and sure it did!

God bless the people who have no taste in cars. Mmm.
Old 11-16-1999, 01:10 PM
J.Russ

Default Let's see... what have I gotten as loaners?

Our dealer has an arrangement with Enterprise Rentals. The first one was a Buick Park Avenue (!), the second a Plymouth Caravan (!!), the third a Suzuki Grand Vitara (!!!), the fourth a Chevy Blazer (!!!!) and the last one a Ford Expedition (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Of the five, I'd have to say the Grand Vitara was the biggest POS: Noisy, vague and tinny with the saddest excuse for a V6 I've ever experienced. I think the dealer does this because A) they make us appreciate our A4s, and B) they're cheap MFs. %^)
Old 11-16-1999, 02:32 PM
Ray Calvo

Stop whining; you could be taking a taxi or walking
Old 11-16-1999, 02:57 PM
RickM

My dealer rarely provides an Audi loaner...Be glad you got a Camry, I got an Intrepid last time.
Old 11-16-1999, 02:58 PM
bahh

shut you whiny mouth I DIDN"T GET ANYTHING for my car it is in for a week and i get to walk..
Old 11-16-1999, 03:04 PM
stanj

Default Steve S is riding a Malibu now and ...

...when we traded cars for last Fri/Sat, I learned to appreciate my A4 once again. The Malibu's steering allows you to aim it roughly where you want to ho, the brakes wobble, and so on. I didn't find a rear defroster grid. But it does have a very functional speed sensitive volume control for the radio =)

I have had so far an A4, A4, Neon, Cavalier, Seabring Convertible and a Jetta as loaner. And many times I didn't have a loaner at all and was rather riding the VTA bus.

- Stan
Old 11-16-1999, 03:10 PM
IronMike

I'm gotten either a Mercury Tracer or a Chevy Cavalier from Enterprise in South Central LA. Cruddy.
Old 11-16-1999, 03:46 PM
Ooops

Errant cross post from www.kia.org
Old 11-16-1999, 04:11 PM
Keith J

Default Can we have a nice group AWWWWWW!

I get a Corolla! Its like stepping into an "Arkansas mansion" after living in a castle. YUCK!!! I didn't know AOA was THAT punative. I don't spend more than two days behind the wheel of the rice burner before Scott or Mark at McGill put me in an Audi. And I've spent most of my car's downtime doing it Audi style. Kinda makes my coworkers wonder if I'm trading.........Last time it was an A6.

I would complain on the Suzi, though. I never liked their crashworthiness. But the Expedition? What a ride, except for my fervent dislike of SUV's. IMHO, its better than a 4-Runner.
Old 11-16-1999, 04:22 PM
CraigB

Default I remember the first time I took my car to McDonald Audi...

...I got a Chevy Cavalier. Needless to say, I never asked for a loaner again. This last time, my wife picked me up and I rode my bike (much nicer than the Cavalier) back down to pick up my A4, when it was ready . 8^)

Maybe Ken (Uzanak) will loan us his S4, next time we're in for service. 8^)

CraigB

Quick Reply: I can't believe it. My dealer (McDonald in CO) gave me a Toyota Camry instead of an Audi yesterday!