A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I don't get it. What software is used with the ATP turbo kit? Does it use stock manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now there we have a different story all together...
Old 04-17-2003, 06:02 AM

Default Custom tune? Nope!

It is an all in one package and the software came with it. I had them remove and return my old chip when they replaced it.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:12 AM

Default Hmmmmmm..........................sounds like heresay.

No problems with mine. And as far a basic programming any chip is really only advancing timing, adjusting fuel, and additng boost so in that case they are all pretty basic.

There have been afew issues with DBW cars but, I have NDBW, no issues.

Frustrated, yeah I am frustrated that I keep blowing away all the morons who attempt to race me.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmm, their software has been, and still is total garbage...

Don't make me sick John Baas on you =)

BTW, you wanna race?
Old 04-17-2003, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: get some real hands on experience....

I like John but I havent heard him destroying anything with a GIAC chip. John's setup is custom and not really a good example. Funny how ur quick to talk **** every time. APR **********.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:57 AM

Default And you know this because it is your experience............

.............and have the expertise to claim it so. Sounds to like you are borrowing someone elses opinion and calling it your own.

Do you have the software yourself?
Are you a software engineer with experience in the field?
Have you scientifically compared multiple comparable programs running the same hardware in order to make such a claim?
And finnaly can you personally do better?

Don't come off half cocked...........it doesn't bear on the respectability of your opinion.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I rarely talk ****. But in this case I do have quite a bit of first hand experience..

Lets see:

1. Multiple bad burns
2. Multiple bad checksums
3. Cars that run 10 times better with stock (not even chipped software) than with the ATP stuff..
4. I don't need to go on (but I will if you like)

If you would like to see more, go to VWvortex and type in ATP and see what pops up.

Haha, a tuner bitch, eh? Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black .At least my car makes 300hp and didn't require two (or more) motors to get it right..

I have no problem with ATP. That said, I do want to protect the people who buy their stuff under the impression that its a plug and play kit like PES or APR. Whether you want to admit it or not, the VAST majority of the time, it is not.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:00 PM

Default Re:So have you had ATP software before?Personal experience?

I made 275whp on 18psi on pump 91, just curious what you made on pump gas at the wheels?Also the boost level?

He's also talking about the stage 2 kit and the software for the stage 2 kit is good, a matter of fact it is just as fast as every single APR stage 3 I've been in. I been in some pretty ****ty stage 3's but I dont say a word. I feel your pain though as they use the same turbo as your APR kit and the stage 2 kit goes for $1995 or something like that.

So have you ever bought anything from ATP, yes or no? They sell the GT 25/28, probably the same as your stage 3 kit for $775 just a fyi if anything was to happen to yours.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:30 PM

Default Lets see where do I start............

With my NDBW car I ran 212whp @ 17psi on 92octane with my Tip car.

I have taken a chipped car let alone a stock one.

The kit cost me $1950 not $3995.

I have had no DTC's whatsoever.

I have taken many a tuned car from a rolling start in a street race situation.

The kit has a ballbearing turbo which spools quicker and requires less concern for cooldown.

I notice that you answered none of my questions about your qualifications. The fact that you have to resort to profanity to express your point of view exposes your bruding lack of intellect and overwhelming ignorance of a scientific approach. Which furthermore dilutes your already incredibly biased opinion.

So basically you were born for the internet because you can sit there behind your keyboard and regirgitate information the was spoon feed to you from a hand me down opinionated forum perspective.

Loose the attitude. The APR setup is good and so is the PES but, does that mean that you go around and badrap everything else, not smart. It exposes a weakness in your character. A race, you win, no doubt. Is that all that this is about, I think not. If you look back at the original thread the guy was asking about the use of the stock manifold.............I didn't see him asking for off topic input from someone who is an ATP hater with no real scientific fact or qualifications to back up his profane and opinionated commentary.

Learn to really listen and read you'll live longer.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Damn and your car is quattro?

What do you figure your driveline loss is?30-35%?
Rock on.

Quick Reply: I don't get it. What software is used with the ATP turbo kit? Does it use stock manifold?