A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I don't get it. What software is used with the ATP turbo kit? Does it use stock manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think we all need to back up and clarify a few things.....

We are having an open discussion so no need to get bent out of shape.

It is not in my nature to insult unless insulted.

I was meerely trying to express my personal positive first hand experience. I know that after a few reads of other posts some facts from first hand experience can be exaggerated. I was not suggesting that each and everyone go to California and see first hand the actual output of this kit. I was meerly suggesting that this perspective was not from someone who was currently running the application for which the expression was being given.

Man I just don't like when second hand smoke gets blown around and I wanted to kick of some first hand dope. (slang)
Old 04-17-2003, 03:13 PM

Default So you don't know the answers then? Or you don't want to comment?

Care to elaborate on the questions I posed? If your so knowledgable about the stage 2 kit, answer them.

We can continue the **** sucker comments if you wish. It's not helping the discussion but a flame war is fun every now and again.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Cool, I'm glad your loving the kit...

If your getting 212whp at 17psi, I'd say your getting a bargain. I would be interested in seeing what you run on the 1/4 mile. You might have one of the faster B5 tips around.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:20 PM

Default I have heard that they are working hard on the.......

.........DBW issue. I have also heard that there are some issues with the application on DBW but, not enough to warrant selling your car.

As far as past technology have you seen the A4 1/4 mile data base look at the top runners...........all NDBW.

DBW still has some catching up to do.........IMO.

I am not a software engineer and I do not make comments about software that I know nothing about. That was the underlying comment I was making to you.

I am chill, just check through your commentary before you come off so haphazzardly.

I try to only seriously comment on my first hand experience that is my personal approach to posting.

Peace
Old 04-17-2003, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly

Whats the difference between owning it and working on it/seeing it on a very common basis?And like Afro said, they do complain. There are many threads on vortex about this...in fact, there is one on the first page of teh 1.8T section where a guy has given up on his kit.

Either way, this isn't the point anymore. I apologize for coming across as haphazardly as I did in my first post. Re-reading it, I notice that I came across more scathing than I orignially thought. That said, we all have tuner loyalties *but* you WILL NOT catch me ragging or badmouthing on another tuner simply because I don't like them, feel threatened, etc. I will only make derogotory comments when I feel that the evidence is pressing enough to do so.... Cheers to ATP and may their DBW software get a jumpkick over this thread ;P
Old 04-17-2003, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Call them the f'up...

I dont work there. Get real facts man.
I know the answers but its just not the role I play. Call them up and give them a quiz man!
Old 06-16-2003, 02:59 AM

Default ATP is hands down the worse AUDI tuner

I have had experience with the ATP turbo upgrade and it is not as advertised. I am now screwed with a turbo kit that does not perform up to spec. Seems like ATP does not have the knowledge it takes to produce a kit that is really bolt-on friendly. Just plan on bringing your car back to the shop if your going there route. Remember that price has to do with quality, and even though you save money you will end up paying more at the end trying to make your car run.