A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I feel like I am in a dreamland! Picking up my S4 on Monday! (very long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-1999, 06:45 AM
Wes

Default I feel like I am in a dreamland! Picking up my S4 on Monday! (very long)

Discliamer: I realize that this is in the wrong forum, but I wanted to share my experience with all A4/S4 owners and fans.

To give everyone a little bit of backgroud, I made the decision this summer to buy an
Audi A4. Not only is the A4/S4 gorgeous but it was the ideal replacement to my 1995
Saab 900 Turbo which has given me to many problems to list. So I went to several
dealers to look at what they had on their lots. I loved the 1999.5 A4, but decided that I
wanted a 2000 model. Eventually, I placed an order for a 2000 A4 1.8T. It was
Santorin Blue (My favorite Audi color) with Eru/Royal Blue interior. As time passed by
and I read more and more posts, I had compiled a huge list of aftermarket
enhancments that I wanted to do to my car. After totalling up everything, I realized that I
was well over 36K (and the car would have had about 205 HP)! Given my performance
demands I said why not look at the S4 instead. I went back to my dealer and asked
him what cars were available. Sadly, his next available S4 was a week 40 Silver/Onyx.
I decided to take it given that I didn't want to wait until December. Anyway, I have been
waiting very impatiently ever since.

However, on Thursday evening I got a call from my dealer with some exciting news. By
a stroke of luck they had just received an un-allocated S4 that was not sold. I then
found out that the color of the car was Santorin Blue!! I told the dealer that I would be in
to look at it on Friday. The only thing that had me a bit worried was that it had the
Onyx/Blue Alcantara interior (I had never seen this color before so I didn't know how I
would react). My fiancee also had to come and see the color combination as well
(although she is quite liberal about colors given that she has a yellow Beetle). Once I
saw the car I almost dropped to the floor. Everything about it was gorgeous! The
Santorin Blue is understated yet changes to a beatiful metallic Royal Blue when the
sun shines on it. The Onyx/Blue Alcantara interior just blew me away! I loved everthing
about it. The blue seat covers had a wonderful soft yet griping texture that the regular
leather just can't match. The aluminum trim also add's a very sporting touch versus the
birdseye wood. I had been wondering whether the Santorin Blue and Blue Alcantara
would match, but after seeing the car they look perfect together. In my opinion this
color combination is just so much more unique than straight Silver/Onyx. The exterior
is a gorgeous yet understated blue (perfect for everyone that doesn't always want to
be noticed), yet the interior is extremely sporty and screams high performance. For
those of you who really wanted Nogaro Blue with Alcantara but didn't think you could
pull it off, this is the car for you! You have to see it in person and you will be blown
away.

To make a long story short, I will be picking up my dream car on Monday at 12 noon.
Anyone who would like a quick rid in the car when I get it is welcome. Just email me or
respond to this message. My dealer is Continental Audi in Fairfield, Connecticut. Also,
if anyone else in CT or the surrounding states would like to see this unique color
combination or have a ride in it you are welcome as well (Just email me and I am sure
we can work something out). Now its just a matter of getting some sleep the rest of this
weekend. Regards,

Wes
00 S4 (Santorin Blue/Blue Alcantara) MONDAY!!!!
Old 10-30-1999, 12:38 PM
Mike

Default Re: I feel like I am in a dreamland! Picking up my S4 on Monday! (very long)

Congrats on the purchase. I will take you up on the ride next time you are in Chicago.

'00 A4TQM
Old 10-30-1999, 02:01 PM
J. Seb

Default Some Pictures Posting would be nice - Thanks!

nt
Old 10-30-1999, 03:50 PM
MitchC

Default Please come to the next CT-NY On the Border Club (more)

I'm sure all of us in the A4 CT-NY On the Border club would love to check out your S4. I'll put the link to the club here and then you can follow it for our next meeting.

MitchC 99.5 1.8tqms<ul><li><a href="http://ctny.a4.org/">http://ctny.a4.org/</a</li></ul>