A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

i have solved the centre consle upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have solved the centre consle upgrades

hello guys.
i have been working hard solveing this issue with the climate controls in the 96 audis.

now there was a artical on here how to do the double din console upgrades from per face lift to facelift with double din.

know i have been playing with a facelift hvac from 99 to 2001 but that head unit is still k-line not can which was great.so i thought what i need to do to make this work well i have come up with meny nights with littile sleep for the guys and girls.

one thing i found was on A conector.pin 5 is lighting from the insutrtment cluster and also pin 6 is as well.now if you get one of these hvac units you will find when you apply power when the head light switch is on it will make the diplay brighter when power is on pin 5 but we want the opersate so we can dim it.

im going to make a adpater for this problem so we have control over it so its easy to see at night and day as well.

now for the other controls of the system.as we know that somone said the after 96 it wont work im affraid there wrong big time.

all the controls work exept the a/c command to the compressor.it should say 3.0 volts off when i did a bench test rig and in the car as well.you look at the diagram in the after 96 and the 96 diagram you will notice the relay for the a/c compressor.you notice the pin setout.well just few repins and it will be ok but you will get a centre temp sensor fault.it hasnt brothered my unit and still works.

any way i wont bore you guys and girls but i will keep up to date and about the adpator im working on.im also got a adpator in progress so you can just plug and play and also for the one for the fis upgrade as well in the making.let me know what type of adpators you would like to see and what models audis.cheers guys stefan
Old 04-06-2013, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by auditechstef
hello guys.
i have been working hard solveing this issue with the climate controls in the 96 audis.

now there was a artical on here how to do the double din console upgrades from per face lift to facelift with double din.

know i have been playing with a facelift hvac from 99 to 2001 but that head unit is still k-line not can which was great.so i thought what i need to do to make this work well i have come up with meny nights with littile sleep for the guys and girls.

one thing i found was on A conector.pin 5 is lighting from the insutrtment cluster and also pin 6 is as well.now if you get one of these hvac units you will find when you apply power when the head light switch is on it will make the diplay brighter when power is on pin 5 but we want the opersate so we can dim it.

im going to make a adpater for this problem so we have control over it so its easy to see at night and day as well.

now for the other controls of the system.as we know that somone said the after 96 it wont work im affraid there wrong big time.

all the controls work exept the a/c command to the compressor.it should say 3.0 volts off when i did a bench test rig and in the car as well.you look at the diagram in the after 96 and the 96 diagram you will notice the relay for the a/c compressor.you notice the pin setout.well just few repins and it will be ok but you will get a centre temp sensor fault.it hasnt brothered my unit and still works.

any way i wont bore you guys and girls but i will keep up to date and about the adpator im working on.im also got a adpator in progress so you can just plug and play and also for the one for the fis upgrade as well in the making.let me know what type of adpators you would like to see and what models audis.cheers guys stefan
What language is this in?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts

I showed this to my wife who speaks English as a second language and she can't many heads or tails of it either.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeahhhh, auditechstef, sorry buddy. You're behind times. Beat you to it

https://i.imgur.com/wZ4Lr5b.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HVjlXYH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Mm9pODP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TyR5M5N.jpg

Actually beat you in center console upgrade and cluster!