A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I rode the PES A4 (some impressions)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-1999, 07:55 PM
TONY G.

Default I rode the PES A4 (some impressions)

I just got back from the Metro NY A4 group meeting today in Oakland NJ and I was one of the lucky ones to get a ride in the PES car. I was not even suppose to attend the event, but I'm glad I did. Tony Ricci did a wonderful presentation on the history and development of the system, so as couple of his associates one was an engineer and one was a chip programmer. <br>They explained how hard it was to develop the kit and the problems they faced, they literally had tons of test before they could come up with the final product. They also discussed on how the system work and technical aspects of the system. I have to tell you these guys know what they are doing, real professionals. Anyway after about one & half hours of presentation, they served lunch and off we went to test drive the car. When Tony R. started the car everyone was in anticipation, and yeah what a beautiful sound the car was making, the hiss of the supercharger and the brullen exhaust, it sounded so exotic, it;s hard to describe, I took the front passenger seat, Jim S and Steve Olsen took the back seat, thats about 800 lbs. Tony R took an on ramp to I-287 it's about 1/4 mile long and when he stepped on the pedal, oh MAN my back was pinned to the seat and at the end of the onramp we were hitting 110 mph whew. I was impressed with the smoothness of the engine, the exotic sound and the torque(felt like a V8). The car felt so stable thanks to the aftermarket suspension. Steve O had his videocam during the drive and I hope it captured how fast the speedo needle was climbing. Now how to get the money to pay for the darn kit. <p><p>ToNy G.<br>early 98 europa 2.8Q
Old 02-13-1999, 08:59 PM
DavidG

I agree, that presentation was very well done! The chip programmer described above was Garrett, by the way.