A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

i swear to fvcking god, people who dont clean the snow off their roofs should be stoned...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i swear to fvcking god, people who dont clean the snow off their roofs should be stoned...

so im driving on the highway in the middle lane traffics goin like 50, i got a good amount of space between me and the car in front of me. so suddenly 1 lane to the right and a car about 25 feet ahead of me (who didnt even attempt to clean the snow off his roof) dumps out an avalanche of snow and the car directly next to me and behind him for some reason finds no other soultion but to swirve into my lane, so i slam on the brakes then i see the guy behind me sliding my way about to hit me, quickest reaction was to swirve right as i let the first guy go and what happens? the car behind me hits the guy that swirved into my lane. now, the guy who caused all this drives away like nothing happened, so now im totally pissed off and my hearts beating like crazy. i follow him, he gets off about 2 exits later once were stopped at a light i get him to roll down his window and i told him i took down his plate and that im gonna report him, then the bastard starts cursing, gets out of his car and he attempts to punch my window, i hit the gas and got out of there....so what should i do? can anything happen to him if i tell the cops?
Old 03-07-2003, 07:25 AM

Default I would report him so his insurance gets whacked when the

accident report is filed with the local PD and if they as you to testify you should and really stick it to that Ahole.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:26 AM

Default In most states....

You are responsible for any damage caused to other vehicles from objects falling off your vehicle. I don't know how they would place fault in this, but its worth telling the police I would think...
Old 03-07-2003, 07:26 AM

Default If you were a witness to an accident you should report him

That way the guy that swerved into the other car will have a witness to his actions, which may or may not help him.

Either way I would report it.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Agree. You should report what you saw. It could be against the law not to.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Then you'd really hate my truck, and all the snow that flies out of the bed....

IMHO, the guy that swerved was at fault. He should not have swerved.

If it's just snow, it shouldn't do any damage, so there's no reason to start swerving.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Yeah, you need to tell the cops, that happened to me a few weeks ago too...

it doesn't take much effort to clear the snow off your car, jeez.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly, it's common courtesy to other drivers

I love it when just after a snowfall, you see cars out on the roads completely covered in snow except for where the front wipers have swept. Take an extra two minutes to clean the whole thing off.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I equate it to driving a pickup with trash flying out the back...

It creates an unnecessary danger for other drivers.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:55 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah, tell the police in the jurisdiction where the accident happened.

More than likely, the police will ask him if he realized that he caused and accident, and if he says no, nothing will happen. However, the insurance companies from the other two parties involved will most likely go after this guys insurance company to reclaim damages for the accident. With you as a witness, he'll most likely see his rates go up within a year. If you don't report it, the two people involved in the accident will more than likely see *their* insurance rates go up as a result of this. So reporting this would be a good thing...but it'll be a while before this guy will see the ramifications. If he's as smart as a dog, he won't make the connection between the rate increase, and his stupidity a year prior. *shrug*

BTW, nice work getting the plate number! While you're reporting this to the police, mention that you stopped to inform this guy that he caused an accident, and be sure to mention this guy's reaction. Maybe something more will come of it?

Quick Reply: i swear to fvcking god, people who dont clean the snow off their roofs should be stoned...