A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Idiots in the snow...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiots in the snow...(long)

I was returning from my parents home to mine traveling along the road between Highlands Ranch and North Castle Pines here in Colorado. For those of you that don't know, it is Daniels Park Parkway.

Anyway it is a dirt road and the surface was snow pack and ice. We have had snow here and the temps have been way down. Anyway, I was taking my time doing about 30MPH when this older guy flies up behind me in an american car - Lumina maybe.

I can see him cussing me out wanting me to go faster. I am thinking.. you A-hole. First off this is 35MPH in good conditions.. not to mention the way the road is now. So I figure, you wanna push me..... push. I take off and hit about 45 down this stretch and don't let up as I enter this turn. I am sure you all can guess what happened...

I went through with no issues but as I looked behind it almost appeared as the guy just pointed his car off the road. I mean he never even had a chance. He and his passenger went flying off into the bank and bounced all over the place finally landing back on the road. I slowed and was going to stop, but they started to drive again. I then started to laugh and think to myself that serves you right. I am just glad that he did not have someone in his way.....

As it went on, I got to drive my 30MPH and he stayed waaaaay behind me. He slowed waaaaay down. What is it with people?

Glad that no one was hurt but it was pretty funny.....
Old 12-14-2000, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yeah, see my earlier post in performance forum, similar...

thing happend to me with a Dodge Durango...., guess these people feel somehow challenged and I had to laugh too when he went into the ditch!
Old 12-14-2000, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

:-)
Old 12-14-2000, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Idiots in the snow...(long)

Actually, I used to see much more of that back home in Vermont.... it was pretty common for people to haul *** down country roads at unsafe speed and get pissed off when someone held them up.
Old 12-14-2000, 11:15 AM
adc
AudiWorld Member

Default Sorry, but not cool at all!

Sometimes you are behind somebody driving way slower than you would like - hasn't that happened to you ever? Why bait someone and lead them to make such mistakes - which can cost them their lives??? What's the purpose of that?

Why didn't you just do the ONLY civilised thing: pull a little over and let him pass! Let him go his own pace, let him do his own mistakes.

It really doesn't matter what you think is right - you have to share the road with everyone. Just let them go their way.

Sorry for the moralizing rant, but since this is a public forum, I have the same right to rebuke your posts as you have to post such silly things.

adc, not thinking in his opinion that you behaved correctly
Old 12-14-2000, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Maybe he was trying to win a Darwin award
Old 12-14-2000, 11:55 AM

Default sir, if JerBer went 45, and the guy behind him tried to catch up.....

that's the guy behind him's own problem. JerBer gave him space. How he decides to use that space is up to himself.

The guy behind him wanted him to go faster and he did.

i'm speeding down the freeway at 100 mph, and some guy sees me going fast and wants to go fast too. Then he gets into a car accident, is that my problem? I'm not racing him or anything, its his OWN judgement to speed.

this is my opinion
Old 12-14-2000, 11:56 AM

Agree 100%
Old 12-14-2000, 11:57 AM

Default That makes sense but I think in this case..

that what Jerber did was fine. Sounds like the non-A4 owner would have traveled that fast anyway, and then he would have wrecked in front of Jerber possibly taking him out as well,not a good thing. They lived and maybe they'll remember this learning experience, I hope.

my2cents- Eric
Old 12-14-2000, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was waiting for this comment!!! Every person has his/her own mind and is responsible for his/her

own actions! That guy did not have to speed up, he did not have to go fast into a turn---He is an idiot, that is why he hit the curb (not because JerBer decided to go faster).

Quick Reply: Idiots in the snow...(long)