A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

If I add OEM sport suspension to my car, what are the alignment specs? Also, do I ......

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2000, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I add OEM sport suspension to my car, what are the alignment specs? Also, do I ......

even have to have it aligned? Any help would be appreciated.

96qm - soon to be sport, hopefully.
Old 05-10-2000, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was told to use the factory sport suspension alignment values (1BE) when going on with Eibach's.

It's difficult to say if really need to do it or not. If you just change springs or shocks and they manage to put it all together so that the new springs are in the same position as the original ones, there will be no need to get into the alignment stuff. Unless you change control arms etc...

I had it done on local Audi dealer. They are so wooden eyed over there that I had to ask from ABT, Lehtonen Motorsport, the importer etc. to know what really SHOULD be done. Everyone suggested going on with the factory sport suspension values.

On FWD there is no way to change camber independently, you just take the average of both sides. This is because it's controlled by moving the subfrage to the correct position. And the rear suspension is obviously even more difficult when it comes to camber. I have the 1BE values printed on paper and could post them tomorrow if you need them. Just email a request.

Any dealer using a Hunter alignment machine should get the numbers just by selecting the A4 with correct suspension type. And I was told that the alignment has to be done with the dealer's Hunter machine because of some angles that can't be measured with any other device. Sorry, but I don't know much about that.