A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

If one were to race prep an A4 for a series such as the Speedvision Touring Car Series...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If one were to race prep an A4 for a series such as the Speedvision Touring Car Series...

Any idea what kind of total costs you're looking at? Just something i'm curious about, as far as how different a car on a series such as that is from our road going cars. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you guys have more radical set-ups than one of those cars.

There's a guy on the Speedvision TC Series that runs a civic hatchback that he put together for somewhere around 12K I think. James Woo, I believe his name was.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Give Marc at AMS a call...he built the car that gave Audi thier first win

in the Motorola cup touring class...it was very expensive...I would guess at least 100 to 150 G's

BTW - I got a good chuckle out of the fact that APR has in their race development section a pane on the right with like 3 cars...the yellow car IS the car that Marc at AMS prepped and built...kinda funny that they have a car from a competing tuner on their page. I don't know if they're trying to imply that it's their car? The only connection I can see is that Intrax is involved with APR's racing effort and at the time Marc was building that race car he work working with Intrax as well. I think they split the costs about 50/50 but Marc ended up driving the trailer during the season etc...this has $$$ value that's hard to put a figure on etc.

Regards,

James R.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If one were to race prep an A4 for a series such as the Speedvision Touring Car Series...

just call that guy at Vortrag.

he was prepping two A4's for
World Challenge, wasn't he?