A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

If you are in the market for an A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2000, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you are in the market for an A4

To all those persons who are in the market to buy a new car

The intention of this letter is to let you know my experience while buying an Audi car from Don McGill in Houston, TX.

Since almost a year ago, I was thinking on buying a new sport sedan car. My loyal Honda Accord was 5 years old already and it was time to move on. After buying whichever car magazine was available and spending hundreds of hours browsing the Web, I narrowed down my search to three makes and models in the $ 30K price range: Volvo S40, BMW 3 Series, and Audi A4.

BMW was always my dream since my early youth years so it was the favorite from the beginning. I have to recognize myself as a total BMW fan at that point. Volvo had this nice S40 model and Audi was to me the unknown-and-never-driven alternative to BMW. So I started the adventure of buying a new car. An adventure because you want less pressure as possible. You don’t need aggressive sales representatives to drive your mind to their pockets, as all of you probably have found some time. The excursion to the dealerships had begun.

As you might imagine, I started with BMW. I went to the dealership and test-drove the car. It was a beautiful 3-Series. Strong power, smooth run. I liked. The sales person was nice and quiet. No much talk but he did not show me the car, as well.
Soon after, I went to Volvo. S40 is an excellent car. Shame it does not come in 5-speed version.
At that point, I was about to buy the BMW. The decision was already made. I went to Don McGill Audi “just because”. Just to compare so then I could say to my friends: “Yes….I drove Audi as well”.

What a big surprise I got! At the dealership, I met Rick Baron for the first time. A polite and nice person, with a particular English accent. I explained him my situation. That I was to buy the BMW and only wanted to drive the car.
He showed me the car. The enthusiasm he put to do that was something that I never saw before in any car dealer Sales Rep. The way he drove the car, the effort and time he put to show me each one of its features were different to the rest I’d ever seen. I was getting very exited with the car (by the way, an Audi A4 Quattro). Then, he let me the driver seat. Following his advises and my instinct of race driver, making every turn sharper, I made a lot of fun out of the ride. Amazing. I felt a power sensation that I didn’t feel with either BMW or Volvo.

I don’t want to talk about the car features and performance because everyone reading this letter must know them, or you can always browse the web. The intention of this message is to let you all know, that if you are thinking on buying a car, no matter the make, it is important the treatment and service you receive as a customer and person before and after you close the deal as well. At Don McGill and thanks to Rick Baron, I noticed this difference from the rest. I encourage each one of you to go and visit him. You could change your mind, as I did. Today, I’m proud to say that I own an immaculate Audi A4, delivered two days after I bought it, and that I have a new friend at Don McGill: Rick Baron.
Old 04-06-2000, 08:24 PM

Default Re: If you are in the market for an A4

Please post Reck's contact info.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2000, 11:13 PM

Default Thank you for that post, important to me too to find service-minded dealer here in houston

and have heard nothing but positive reaction to don mcgill and their facilities are so much better than momentum. Congrats on the new acquisition.
Old 04-07-2000, 06:24 AM

Audi,

How much did you pay for your AUDI?(%over invoice) I went in to look at A4's and I agree he did make me want to buy a Audi before any other car. How low in price could you go w/Rick?
Old 04-07-2000, 08:34 AM

I also had a great experience with Rick Baron. He was great to work with and no pressure at all. Even though I ended up buying a used A4 from a personal ad, he was the first pleasant car salesman I have dealt with. I would recommend Rick to anyone buying new. He wasn't offering as good of a deal as the other guys on this board get, but it was better than Momentum.
There are also a few unpleasant people to work with at the same dealership!