A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Im never going to my dealer agian... (more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im never going to my dealer agian... (more)

Never ever goto Stevens Creek Audi (if your in the Bay Area) The slowest and worst service ever. So heres the dealio.. my car went in yesterday, service manager said that he would give me a call later that afternoon to tell me that i could pick up my car. Well.. he never called (i posted last night about it) So i call this morning to see whats up, and they say my car has been ready since yesterday. Go Figure.. I get there this morning, talk to the manager and get everything all squared away. These were the famous last words.. "Your car will be out in a few min.." Well, 10 mins rolls by, 20 min rolls by.. and then to my astonishment, the (for lack of a better word) Catering Truck shows up (with that stupid horn blasting) and everyone in the dealership (or so it seemed) dropped everything and flocked to go get food. Im talking like 20-30 people, including the manager. Keep in mind, it wasnt even 10 am yet.. After that, there was a sales person smoking out side also, while i was waiting for my car. I almost got up and smacked him. He was talking about Gooks and vietnam and stuff, it made me really mad to hear him say that.. So another 20 mins passes by. By this point was thinking to myself that they must have forgotten about me. So i go back inside to talk to some one. Turns out that they never made an attempt to get my car in the first place.. The forms never got to the car dropper-offer boy, to drop off my car. Great. And the worst part of all, i get home to look over the car to make sure that didnt mess it up, when i find that BOTH of my rear rims are scratched. ARRRGGGGGGG!!! The Hairline scratches are kinda big (inch or so) Fuken-A.. Ive had it with these idiots. Im not going back to these clowns again.. Sorry about the rant..

Keep it real,

-John-
Old 01-18-2001, 10:16 AM

Default Vote with your feet

No reason to put money in their pockets if you're not happy with their service.

Now you know, a marketing co. is going to call soon and ask about your service visit. The only answer that counts is "excellent," and there's money at stake. Be advised that if you give anything other than excellent as your response, the dealership will be informed. So that info goes into your file, and imagine how good your service will be after that.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They haven't called me in my last few visits for a response. Is there a reason for this?
Old 01-18-2001, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have had this at a different dealer. I always called them. But...

I would judge them more on how well they were able to find the problem and how well they were able to fix it.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:30 AM

Default well if thats the case my service should be terrible !

I gave them almost all zeros when I got my call after I bought my car because they hit my car on the 3rd week.
Anyhow ... my service has been great so far
no complaints here.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Beware of Rector Audi service too. I've had great & AWFUL experiences there....

Ask for Hector Contreres & NO ONE else! All my dealings w/ him have been great. Their other guy (Doug?) was terrible.

Let me know if you guys want me to give you the lowdown on what happened.

Good luck dude!
Old 01-18-2001, 10:52 AM

Sorry to you guys get such shiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttyyy svc
Old 01-18-2001, 11:44 AM

Rector? I hardly even drove her!
Old 01-18-2001, 11:45 AM

Default I don't like Anderson-Behel Audi service either

I have been there about 4 times and twice at Rector.

The first time I went to Anderson I had left my cell phone in the car and when I came back to pickup my car it was gone. "Sorry, nothing we can do"

The second time I had an oil change. Few days after the service I noticed that I had an oil leak and it came out to be that the oil filter wasn't tight at all.
I had them clean up the mess.

At Rector, if you've been there, you pull in the garage for service. There was a line of cars so I had to park right on the uphill part of the ramp that leads to the garage. One of the mechanics pulled my car forward when room freed up. It seemed like he had NEVER driven an A4 or a stick in this matter. He was revving it at least 4000 rpm for like 5-6 seconds. The clutch smelled really bad after. What an idiot! I was so mad but didn't do anything.

that's it from me

00 1.8tqms
Old 01-18-2001, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You sure you talked to "service manager"?

I know him well...6'2" 265 lbs...blonde hair? If it wasn't someone that looked like this..it wasn't the service manager.

BTW, I have been to several dealers in the Bay Area for service. IMHO Anderson Behel treats me the best of the group.

Quick Reply: Im never going to my dealer agian... (more)